Stats of those accepted to Dental Schools 2008 and 2010

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JonLee

JonLee
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those of you who haven't seen Doc Toothache's awesome compilation statistics of those who applied to dental schools in 2008/2010, I have linked them out for ya here:

http://acedat.blogspot.com/p/dental-school-statistics.html

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I feel... used..

Does seem strange to have a breakdown blogged about...oh well, I guess it isn't hurting anything and it doesn't appear to be a website that will result in any commercial gain for the writer.

I added my scores to my breakdown to make it more useful for your blog.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Does seem strange to have a breakdown blogged about...oh well, I guess it isn't hurting anything and it doesn't appear to be a website that will result in any commercial gain for the writer.

I added my scores to my breakdown to make it more useful for your blog.

haha I guess that portion of the blog is more just a collection of links than my thoughts, but don't you think it's helpful to have a bunch of breakdowns in one place rather than having people weaving through the threads?

And I do feel the need to explain the reason I'm doing this (Durial)

1) I have a couple of friends that are pre-dental as well, and rather than telling each of them the same advice over and over, I figured it would be useful and efficient if I could centralize all that location at one place and all I would have to do is right one post and it's there forever for them to refer back to (and other people).

2) Sdn helped me a LOT with peoples varying opinions, and I found many useful threads (like Sami's wicked sick PAT tutorial). However, I went through a lot of threads before finding those "diamond in the rough threads", so I figured posting about all these threads in one place would be helpful in terms of saving people time.

3) Getting thank you PMs are the best. I'm sure most of you have been in that situation where someone shows gratitude to you for making a positive difference in their life. Great feeling. Period.

4) I actually do have a small commercial gain from this(Google adsense).
However, the money I make from this is pretty minimal. The only time I would make some money is if somebody clicked on a link (no one has out of the 600 page views the blog has gotten so far) and if someone did happen to click on it, it would be 25 to maybe 40 cents most. The other way is for like every 100 or so views ( I make $.01). I can post a picture of it if you skeptics out there don't believe me.
Edit:
Posting the pic:
Adsenseearnings-005sofar.png

However, I would like to say that adding the adsense feature was FREE, so I mean even though it's a few cents, maybe a couple of dollars down the road, I see no harm in adding it. I'm sorry if the ads annoy some people, but try to understand that I am a broke college student like most of you. A little empathy would be appreciated +pity+ (we won't be after about a decade though am i right? :D)

5) I enjoy organizing stuff and have always wanted to have a place where I could share some of my knowledge in an area that I am passionate about. I tried a blog about healthy living, but it was just so hard to get people to view it. So I guess in that sense I see how the previous poster feels "used" but I'm sorry? I mean I'm not forcing anyone to do anything they don't want to or putting any false information in my blog.

So there you go SDN, those are my reasons. If you don't agree with them, just don't visit it, no harm done. If you like it awesome, glad I could help. If you want to theoretically give me a quarter for my efforts and click on an ad, sweet, I appreciate the extra change that I can use to put into those stupid meters on my campus.
If not, no worries!

PS. Thanks for adding your scores whitefang
Edit:
Wow you really beasted OC (well you beasted all sections, but particularly OC haha), NICE

Last edited:
Understand where you are coming from and think your website is a cool idea. However, I think you should just send a quick PM to members before you include their posts in your blog; especially doc toothaches excel sheets. You probably technically don't have to since this website is public, but just as a courtesy it would be appropriate. For the record, you have my permission to do whatever you want with anything I post.

Also due to a project I am beginning, I clicked on 2 links for you. Curious if you actually got $0.80 as I will be using the ad system from google as well.

Understand where you are coming from and think your website is a cool idea. However, I think you should just send a quick PM to members before you include their posts in your blog; especially doc toothaches excel sheets. You probably technically don't have to since this website is public, but just as a courtesy it would be appropriate. For the record, you have my permission to do whatever you want with anything I post.

Gotcha, yeah I'm sorry if you felt "used' and not asking, I just figured everyone who's breakdown I posted and Doc Toothache woudn't mind since they willingly posted all this to SDN.

And thanks for being cool about it.

Also due to a project I am beginning, I clicked on 2 links for you. Curious if you actually got $0.80 as I will be using the ad system from google as well.

Thanks. Nothing has registered yet, but I'll let you know when it does. Just curious, what will site will you be using adsense if you dont mind me asking.

Thanks. Nothing has registered yet, but I'll let you know when it does. Just curious, what will site will you be using adsense if you dont mind me asking.

It will give away too much of my identity to share that, but it is a small business that I run out of the home. I already get a lot of hits on the blog, but would like to translate that into a little money. A lot of hits is relative too, I think it averages 12,000 hits per month, doubt that would translate into too much money.

It will give away too much of my identity to share that, but it is a small business that I run out of the home. I already get a lot of hits on the blog, but would like to translate that into a little money. A lot of hits is relative too, I think it averages 12,000 hits per month, doubt that would translate into too much money.

Oh ok, nice. Yeah, 12,000 hits per month prob would come out to about $1? assuming zero clicks haha, but assuming $1/month that's two free $5 footlongs in one year :D or 10 dollar menu items from Mickey D's:laugh:

Oh ok, nice. Yeah, 12,000 hits per month prob would come out to about $1? assuming zero clicks haha, but assuming $1/month that's two free $5 footlongs in one year :D or 10 dollar menu items from Mickey D's:laugh:

Haha very nice. Yeah, I would be hoping for clicks. Hopefully google does a good job with matching advertisers to the content of my site.

lol you guys are silly hehe Anyhow, you have my permission as well. :)