Stats

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HOSS

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
What are the average stats for a matriculated MD student from last year? (GPA, Science GPA, MCAT) Do I have any chance with a 25 and a 3.67 with experience and volunteer work?

Members don't see this ad.

yes. I have no authority on anything, of course, but I've certainly heard the response everybody gives to that question. And I know of a 24/3.4 that's matriculating at her state school this fall. The response "they" usually give: Average matriculating is around 27 (I don't know GPA). Lots of people have 30+, right? Or at least some. We see it quoted here all the time. So lots of people must have 24/25s too. Actually, I'd say there are more 24/25s than 30+ because of the stats behind the fact that basically nobody's getting in with a 15, but there are a few 39s. That did make sense. I'm pretty sure of it. Anyway, the answer is yes. The same logic goes even for top schools. If average is 32, somebody's got a 40, and probably somebody's got a 24, though both are few and far between. My 2 cents. Good luck.