staying awake!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

subi

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
what do you do when you actually feel that the class is really boring and you feel sleepy and your eyes are already wanting to close :sleep: but you dont want to because it wouldnt look that nice to bump your head onto the book and the class looking back at you and .......:confused:

to summarise the whole--- how do you avoid sleeping??:D

Members don't see this ad.

don't go to class...study at home

Members don't see this ad :)
I have to actively write notes during class, even if I'm never going to reference them later because we have a note service, it makes me pay attention and then I actually get alot from the lecture so for me its worth it to go. If you do this and you still aren't getting anything from the lecture, stay home!

have a laptop? taking notes on my laptop helps, something about the light from the screen maybe. and plus then when it gets really boring you can check your email, fantasy teams, etc...

have a laptop? taking notes on my laptop helps, something about the light from the screen maybe. and plus then when it gets really boring you can check your email, fantasy teams, etc...

The downside being that you can check your email, fantasy teams, etc...

My friends joke that I'm like a canary in a coal mine for boring lectures at school...if the lecture even has the slightest hint of being boring, I'm out like a light. Personally, if the lecture is really so boring that you have to try to stay awake, you're obviously not getting much out of it, and might as well sleep or leave class to go study on your own.

Carrot/celery sticks. Can't sleep when you're eating.

My friends joke that I'm like a canary in a coal mine for boring lectures at school...if the lecture even has the slightest hint of being boring, I'm out like a light.

The way things have been so far this year, you could probably be diagnosed with narcolepsy

Eat Apples!!!

"Apples are more efficient than caffeine in keeping people awake in the morning. The sugar in apples, and the act of chewing, works better than a cup of coffee for keeping people alert."

Eat Apples!!!

"Apples are more efficient than caffeine in keeping people awake in the morning. The sugar in apples, and the act of chewing, works better than a cup of coffee for keeping people alert."

Im gonna go buy myself a 5 pound bag of apples now.Thanks:)

Eat Apples!!!

double-blind study? :laugh:

Eat Apples!!!

yeah, I tried this- (ok, only for one day) by 1030 I was at the coffee shop.

hmmm, narcolepsy diagnosis=modafinil, yes? could be a win win situation

Eat Apples!!!

some people crash really hard after eating sugar (like me). something about an overcompensatory insulin response secondary to hypoglycemia

...I could kill people who eat crunchy things in class. Apples. Carrots. celery. Chips. Horribly distracting. crunch crunch crunch. please don;t do this! And it's worse in the library!!!