Staying on DO Waitlist Past 5/15 with Acceptance Elsewhere- For Year 2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kddyfm

Reaction score
Hi guys!
I currently have an acceptance and paid for the deposit at School B(my second choice), and am waitlisted at School A(my preferred choice).

Would I still be able to hold my waitlist position at School A, while still holding onto my acceptance at School B after the 5/15/2021 AACOMAS traffic guidelines?

Or… would my acceptance spot at School B get rescinded because I kept my waitlisted offer at School B after the 5/15/2021 AACOMAS traffic guidelines?

***Read through the guidelines and do not know if this applies to waitlisted offers.

Members don't see this ad.

Depends on the school, to be honest some schools do not have to follow AACOMAS so to give better info we would need to know the schools. I have heard of atleast 1 DO school that contacts all other schools at the deadline. But "After May 15 of the year of matriculation, each medical college may implement college-specific procedures for accepted students who hold one or more seats at other medical colleges." is the guideline. As for waitlists see below for the protocol.
The problem is your school A will know you are already accepted "After May 15, AACOMAS reports to each institution the names and candidates for its entering class who hold an acceptance(s) at additional institutions"
So if your school has ADCOM worth anything they would look at this before offering anymore seats, see you are already commited to another school and be less likely to accep you. So tomorrow if you are have not already been accepted to A I feel like your chances are very slim. Best to send school A a letter of intent to let them know you are still interested even though you hold a seat at a diffrent COM.

1621049549708.png

Reactions: 1 users
Depends on the school, to be honest some schools do not have to follow AACOMAS so to give better info we would need to know the schools. I have heard of atleast 1 DO school that contacts all other schools at the deadline. But "After May 15 of the year of matriculation, each medical college may implement college-specific procedures for accepted students who hold one or more seats at other medical colleges." is the guideline. As for waitlists see below for the protocol.
The problem is your school A will know you are already accepted "After May 15, AACOMAS reports to each institution the names and candidates for its entering class who hold an acceptance(s) at additional institutions"
So if your school has ADCOM worth anything they would look at this before offering anymore seats, see you are already commited to another school and be less likely to accep you. So tomorrow if you are have not already been accepted to A I feel like your chances are very slim. Best to send school A a letter of intent to let them know you are still interested even though you hold a seat at a diffrent COM.

View attachment 337015
Hi drstranger! I really appreciated the reply and advice.
As for the schools, my first choice is WesternU (California campus) and I have a hold at Midwestern CCOM.

Do you know if Midwestern CCOM is able to see whether I'm waitlisted at WesternU?

Hi drstranger! I really appreciated the reply and advice.
As for the schools, my first choice is WesternU (California campus) and I have a hold at Midwestern CCOM.

Do you know if Midwestern CCOM is able to see whether I'm waitlisted at WesternU?
No Midwestern can not see that you are waitlisted at western. But as of today, WesternU can see you are accepted to Midwestern, what they do with that info is school dependent! Good luck hope you get off the waitlist!

Reactions: 1 user