Staying PRN at major retailer

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

babakpharm

Full Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I currently work full time for Walgreens Pharmacy and have been offered a job (that I'm going to accept) an independent pharmacy. How do I go about staying PRN at Walgreens. Do I give a two week notice?
 
I used to work retail full time and got a hospital job offer and wanted to stay PRN in retail, so in my 2 weeks notice letter, I expressed that I would like to remain with the company as PRN. My boss told HR to keep me PRN. Since you are working for an independent pharmacy, I'm not sure if Walgreens will see that pharmacy as a competitor, which brings in the conflict of interest, which they probably won't allow you to stay PRN.
 
Yea you don't tell Walgreens that you are working at an independent pharmacy. You tell them you got a job somewhere else like a LTC facility or a hospital or a PBM or something, and then ask your boss if he or she will consider keeping you part time because you like the company and wouldn't want to leave.