Step I STDs-inguinal region

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

winkleweizen

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Im having a hard time distinguishing the Signs of Calymmatobacterium, H ducreyi, and and Chlamydina L1-L3 infection. Does anyone have any tips that might help me come Test time.

Sorry if this is a dumb question but ive missed a couple questions on QBank and the explanations didnt really help

Thanks!
 
I remember the L1-L3 subtypes were popular in DIT for being associated with a presentation like IBD. And they are associated with lymphatics. Plus these are absesses - buboes.

I don't think I've ever heard of the first one you mentioned - is it in first aid? After looking it up - it seems like it spreads pretty relentlessly - wikipedia - auto-amputation reference. Plus these are ulcers that are painless.

And H. ducreyi makes you cry. And this is a chancroid - which is different from an abscess or an ulcer.
 
plus the granuloma inguinale -chlammi... - is diagnosed with a very characteristic looking cell. Macs full of donovan bodies - hance the name donovanosis for this too.