Step 1 Changes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thought this would be of interest.

Recommendations for Step 1 Changes

Well, they really just set an agenda to have a meeting on potential models for change of the USMLE in the future. Basically a teaser press release that says "stay tuned". This process will take years. We will be done with med school before any drastic changes are made.

You are paranoid does not mean they are not gonna get you :scared:

Members don't see this ad :)
I heard about these goings-on about a month ago. Correct me if I'm wrong, but does this mean the committee is recommending the abolishment of Step 1s, and the incorporation of basic science material, disguised in clinical contexts, into Steps 2 & 3?

I heard about these goings-on about a month ago. Correct me if I'm wrong, but does this mean the committee is recommending the abolishment of Step 1s, and the incorporation of basic science material, disguised in clinical contexts, into Steps 2 & 3?

Does this mean they are adding extra exams to the DrNP's lineup? :laugh::laugh:

I hope it takes many years for the sake of us starting our PhD soon. How they could both decide on a model & implement it in five years (I keep hearing between 2011 & 2013) is beyond me.

I just took the new MCAT a year ago. I don't want to have to take a new Step I too!