Step 1 + NBME/UWSA/UW Scores ONLY

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kboy2

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello guys

Been trying to read up on correlations for peoples scores in the Official 2014 step 1 thread, but finding scores is extremely time consuming d/t the heavy volume of discussion and casual conversation.

Not sure if this thread will get much traction or not but its worth a shot.

So for those that have written Step 1 *AND* RECEIVED THEIR SCORES, and are willing to share please post your scores on any diagnostics/nbmes/uwsa/Qbanks etc and your Step score. We can leave any other questions or discussion for the official thread please so its not a redundant post. Just hoping this will save some folks (like myself) some time from sifting through the massive Official thread

Members don't see this ad.

I have examined it pretty much since May. Most folks score within 10 pts of their average NBMEs that report their scores on here. But, most folks that may do worse seem not to come back and post their actual score. If you want to have an idea of where you are at I can probably give you a decent clue. But, most times when folks ask this question, they get referred to the Official Step 1 thread.

Lastly, most folks that have taken the test did so in May and June and are on rotations and gone. So, it will be hard to get much traction now.

I have examined it pretty much since May. Most folks score within 10 pts of their average NBMEs that report their scores on here. But, most folks that may do worse seem not to come back and post their actual score. If you want to have an idea of where you are at I can probably give you a decent clue. But, most times when folks ask this question, they get referred to the Official Step 1 thread.

Lastly, most folks that have taken the test did so in May and June and are on rotations and gone. So, it will be hard to get much traction now.

Heh, thanks for response! Yeah really just trying to gauge where I am at relative to others. Used conversion tools, but always nice for direct comparison.

UW First round was high 50's
UW now is low 80's as I continue second lap (about 45% in). (The increased score is not a product of remember Q's - I gave one month in between staring 2nd lap, and ensure that if I recognize a Q I can explain the reasoning as to why one is an answer and one is not.)

NBME 11: 217
NBME 12: 230
NBME 15: 232
NBME 16: 234
UWSA 1: 240
UWSA 2: 238

Heh, thanks for response! Yeah really just trying to gauge where I am at relative to others. Used conversion tools, but always nice for direct comparison.

UW First round was high 50's
UW now is low 80's as I continue second lap (about 45% in). (The increased score is not a product of remember Q's - I gave one month in between staring 2nd lap, and ensure that if I recognize a Q I can explain the reasoning as to why one is an answer and one is not.)

NBME 11: 217
NBME 12: 230
NBME 15: 232
NBME 16: 234
UWSA 1: 240
UWSA 2: 238
Need a time frame on practice exams. Can take second round of UW with a grain of salt. I would say you look like low 70's. Right now, I would say you sit around a 235.

Members don't see this ad :)
Need a time frame on practice exams. Can take second round of UW with a grain of salt. I would say you look like low 70's. Right now, I would say you sit around a 235.
Thx for input

NBME 11 was on July 29th

NBME 12 was Aug 10th

UWSA 1 Aug 11th

NBME 15 was Aug 17th

UWSA 12 was Aug 23th

NBME 16 was Aug 30th

Ok, I would say you are in the 230-235 range based on this. When is your test again?
Well that is nice to hear! Dday is Sept 11th, or potentially the 25th. Got my free 138 and NBME 13 left. I know 16 is the grand daddy, but hey one more nbme can't hurt. Once I do those, if they comfortably put me in the 230+ range Sept 11th it is!

Appreciate the input Jdub. Get your scores back this week or the week after?

Well that is nice to hear! Dday is Sept 11th, or potentially the 25th. Got my free 138 and NBME 13 left. I know 16 is the grand daddy, but hey one more nbme can't hurt. Once I do those, if they comfortably put me in the 230+ range Sept 11th it is!

Appreciate the input Jdub. Get your scores back this week or the week after?

Supposed to be the 10th based on what is known. I would take NBME 13 this week coming and the free 138 and take it on the 11th. You sound ready.

Supposed to be the 10th based on what is known. I would take NBME 13 this week coming and the free 138 and take it on the 11th. You sound ready.

Thanks for the encouragement.

Other than NBME 11, my spread is pretty narrow and consistent, so fingers crossed I can maintain that. 230 and I will be the happiest guy in the world. Until Step 2 LOL

Thanks for the encouragement.

Other than NBME 11, my spread is pretty narrow and consistent, so fingers crossed I can maintain that. 230 and I will be the happiest guy in the world. Until Step 2 LOL

Like I always say.........eventually you have to take it. You will peak and then come down off the high so I would take it now before you level out. Do one more read through FA and gel stuff. Work some questions and practice exams and take it.

Then, you are done! That simple.......

Like I always say.........eventually you have to take it. You will peak and then come down off the high so I would take it now before you level out. Do one more read through FA and gel stuff. Work some questions and practice exams and take it.

Then, you are done! That simple.......

Random side Q...Heard a lot of buzz that real deal pretty much = NBME 16 + 3 blocks of UW. Did you have a similar experience or were things way more 'out there'?

40% of mine was wtf. Stuff and questions I have never seen. The other part was like an NBME and UW. Some parts were really easy and some parts of that 60% were hard. The 40% is an educated guess section. Could not really even tell you how to prepare. Just be prepared for some new stuff and stuff you probably do not know. Esp those what is the next thing to do, experimentals, etc.

Reactions: 1 user