J

jot

hey - i don't know anything about step one scores, and i wanted to know if a 256 is a good score. just curious - this isn't mine (i'm only applying now).

OP
J

jot

oh yeah - i hope this isn't like asking if a 45 is a good mcat score (don't know what the step 1's are out of - or means etc...). if it is ... ignore.

About the Ads
OP
J

jot

hah - so i guess i was right to congratulate my friend with no idea what the score meant -- thanks. i guess he will be able to match in medicine then, cool.

edmadison

1K Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 27, 2001
Lactate > 15
Status
Attending Physician
It's hard to believe that you folks could get such good scores without understanding statistics. :D

Seriously, look at your score sheet. It gives a mean and a standard deviation. You should be able to use that to figure out how well you are compared to the rest of the pool. In terms of asking if a score is "good enough" for a given residency, remember that no score by itself will be enough. You can have a great score, but your LORs and interviews will make a big difference -- more so than for medical school.

Good Luck

Ed

none

1K Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 27, 2001
Visit site
Status
The OP isn't even a med student. They wouldn't have a score sheet with statistical information on it.

OP
J

jot

this is definately not my score - as none mentioned, i'm not even a med student. otherwise, from what i've gathered, that would be a rather obnoxious post:) thanks though
-jot

edmadison

1K Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 27, 2001
Lactate > 15
Status
Attending Physician
Oops,

Sorry about that. I didn't read all the posts before I responsed. We see so many people with great scores and great insecurities around here looking for validation. Most don't realize that what they are doing makes others feel lousy.

My appologies,

Ed

About the Ads