MD Step 1 Tomorrow, Caught Cold

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Theseus

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So for some unfortunate reason the planets have aligned and I'm coming down with a cold the day before my exam. I spent the last few weeks of dedicated isolated from other humans but then I somehow got sick. Symptoms started yesterday evening, with a predictable scratchy throat and now runny nose and malaise.

Exam is tomorrow and I bought a bunch of OTC cold meds. Been drinking Vitamin C, Zinc, plenty of water and at this point don't care about my liver.

Any tips to stay focused during the exam?

Members don't see this ad.

Take something for the sx and get the job done. You'll be fine, the clock will start and muscle memory will take over.

Reactions: 2 users
Keep doing what you're doing.

If it's any consolation I broke my coccyx prior to Step 1. It was a literal pain in the ass, 8/10 pain, and I somehow made it through, so you should be fiiiiiine.

Reactions: 8 users
Members don't see this ad :)
The adrenaline should propel you. Good luck!

Just shell out $$$ and reschedule for next week. If not, throw the kitchen sink at it to get rid of symptoms, shouldn’t be a huge deal.

Yeah I think ill just suck it up and get it out of the way already. Thanks for support.

Reactions: 1 user
Keep doing what you're doing.

If it's any consolation I broke my coccyx prior to Step 1. It was a literal pain in the ass, 8/10 pain, and I somehow made it through, so you should be fiiiiiine.

And that is why Mad Jack is a legend.

Who else is willing to break their ass* sitting and studying all day?

* I don’t wanna know the story, just go with me here Jack

Reactions: 5 users