Jun 21, 2019
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Hi everyone,

I am applying ortho and did pretty well on my STEP 1. My mentor told me to push STEP 2 as much as possible in case my score is worse, its been 2 years since I took STEP 1 and so I am worried I might bomb it lol. I am taking it early November, and I am wondering if programs will automatically see my STEP 2 score once my eras is submitted? TLDR: Will my step 2 score be automatically released to programs?

ciestar

All grown up!
7+ Year Member
Sep 18, 2013
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
No, it will not automatically be released if your ERAs is submitted before the score comes back.

kraskadva

10+ Year Member
Apr 28, 2011
in a bubble
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Was told by my school that you you have to re-release it in ERAS...i.e. you do the "release score" thing when you submit, which will send in whatever scores you have (just step 1 here). Then when your step 2 comes in, you have to redo that to get it to sync up. So no, it won't automatically go out, you have to specifically release it, unless it comes in before you submit and then you've released it with step 1 the first time around

NonTrad16

5+ Year Member
Feb 2, 2015
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Agreed with above. But you need to release it before programs make rank lists...

About the Ads

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.