• Set Yourself Up For Success Webinar

October 6, 2021 at 2 PM Eastern/11 AM Pacific
    SDN and Osmosis are teaming up to help you get set up for success this school year! We'll be covering study tips, healthy habits, and meeting mentors.

Register Now!

• Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

JOIN NOW
  • Site Updates Coming Next Week

Site updates are coming next week on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

Step 2 CK before Step 1?

med__shots

Jun 3, 2020
  1. Medical Student
Hey. I am a final year IMG and in my country we don’t get time off to study for the steps like US medical schools. I haven’t given step 1 nor have I started studying for it. I’m thinking about giving step 2 ck first as it covers almost the same content.
What do you guys recommend? Or can someone please share their experience?
Thank You.

islandmedz

May 29, 2020
  1. Resident [Any Field]
I'm also an IMG, studying for CK in August. I decided to do CK first for the same reason but if I could I would've done step 1 first to refresh on the basic sciences. I've realized that there is quite a bit of overlap with step 1 and 2CK. You can take step 2 CK first though, I've seen many others do it (and I'm still going for it). I would just read certain parts of FA step 1 (micro, pharm and biostats).

This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.