Step II step 2 ck computer error message

Started by genelia
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

genelia

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I took my Step 2 CK last week. I did all 8 blocks and the survey, but after I finished the survey and the test was closing out, a Windows error message popped up - something about being unable to close because some object was not responding. I left the error message on the computer, assuming it was just some issue with that computer but my test was complete so it would be fine. I went over to the proctor but didn't mention anything about the error. She printed out my test confirmation and I went home.

Now I'm wondering if the error affected my test and I should report it to NBME. I'm just worried that my score will get delayed if they have to look into it, or they'll make me take it over (I can't go another round with that beast of a test).

Since the error happened after the exam was completed, i'm pretty confident all the answers got saved and if something was wrong they'd have contacted me. Should I contact them or just wait and see what happens?
 
I took my Step 2 CK last week. I did all 8 blocks and the survey, but after I finished the survey and the test was closing out, a Windows error message popped up - something about being unable to close because some object was not responding. I left the error message on the computer, assuming it was just some issue with that computer but my test was complete so it would be fine. I went over to the proctor but didn't mention anything about the error. She printed out my test confirmation and I went home.

Now I'm wondering if the error affected my test and I should report it to NBME. I'm just worried that my score will get delayed if they have to look into it, or they'll make me take it over (I can't go another round with that beast of a test).

Since the error happened after the exam was completed, i'm pretty confident all the answers got saved and if something was wrong they'd have contacted me. Should I contact them or just wait and see what happens?

I got the same error. Don't worry about it. I actually got the same exact error after finishing my step 1 exam so I just laughed it off.
 
I took my Step 2 CK last week. I did all 8 blocks and the survey, but after I finished the survey and the test was closing out, a Windows error message popped up - something about being unable to close because some object was not responding. I left the error message on the computer, assuming it was just some issue with that computer but my test was complete so it would be fine. I went over to the proctor but didn't mention anything about the error. She printed out my test confirmation and I went home.

Now I'm wondering if the error affected my test and I should report it to NBME. I'm just worried that my score will get delayed if they have to look into it, or they'll make me take it over (I can't go another round with that beast of a test).

Since the error happened after the exam was completed, i'm pretty confident all the answers got saved and if something was wrong they'd have contacted me. Should I contact them or just wait and see what happens?

I got the same error. Asked one of the workers at the testing center and they said not to worry about it.