Step 2 CK experience was horrible

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Joker88

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took step 2 ck today after studying for a month. Took an NBME 1 week into studying finishing 40% of uworld (Nbme 6 and scored a 215). After that I took NBME 7 about 1-2 weeks before my exam and scored a 223 after finishing 98% of uworld averaging about 78% on my second round. I did my first round during my clerkships and averaged in the mid 60s from what I remember.

I took the exam today and felt horrible after. I felt like I was guessing on most of the questions. I could never finish a block properly and had to guess on the last 5 questions every time because of poor time management. I definitely feel like I failed and would be very surprised if I passed at this point. Has anyone had this experience with struggling to finish? If you did, did you end up doing ok? I just dont know what to do at this point. I have aways scheduled and am really panicking about having to take this again.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I took step 2 ck today after studying for a month. Took an NBME 1 week into studying finishing 40% of uworld (Nbme 6 and scored a 215). After that I took NBME 7 about 1-2 weeks before my exam and scored a 223 after finishing 98% of uworld averaging about 78% on my second round. I did my first round during my clerkships and averaged in the mid 60s from what I remember.

I took the exam today and felt horrible after. I felt like I was guessing on most of the questions. I could never finish a block properly and had to guess on the last 5 questions every time because of poor time management. I definitely feel like I failed and would be very surprised if I passed at this point. Has anyone had this experience with struggling to finish? If you did, did you end up doing ok? I just dont know what to do at this point. I have aways scheduled and am really panicking about having to take this again.

Yes I felt the same exact way and still scored > 250 on CK. You will most likely score between your NBME 7 and UWSA

Is it true at all that NBME 7 undershoots by 15 points? Many people have said that it hasnt been a good predictor of their scores in the past. I never took a UWSA unfortunately

Is it true at all that NBME 7 undershoots by 15 points? Many people have said that it hasnt been a good predictor of their scores in the past. I never took a UWSA unfortunately

NBME 7 undershot me by only 5 points. I'm sure everyone has a different experience.

Members don't see this ad :)
Undershot me by ~ 15...you'll get a decent spread of people on this forum. But everyone generally feels like garbage after the test. Try your best not to stress, easier said than done. Best of luck

OP, I found NBME 7 to be weird. Significantly difficult but a generous curve. Friends of mine were scoring 230's on NBME 4 and 6 and scored around 200-205 on NBME 7 and ended up scoring around 235-240 on the real deal.

I came out of it thinking I did well.....but the more I think about it the more really "easy " questions I got wrong -- counted 5 questions that i know everyone else will get right. Trying to forget the rest of the questions so I don't cause any more needless anxiety.

It's just going to be a long ...painful ....wait. I find it actually poor form by the NBME, they should be forced to refund some of our money for having to take so long to get our scores back.

Reactions: 1 user
Yeah it seems like NBME 7 could be all over the place. I wouldnt be so worried if I hadnt felt so horrible after the test almost like I could have failed. My time management was terrible and I couldnt finish any of my sections properly the way I was on my uworld and other practice sources. Its going to be a long wait.