Step II Step 2 CK in MPH year?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

corsair3141592

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just finished off my MS3 year and I began my MPH year. I originally planned to take my Step 2 CK in August, but I decided to put it off. I am now planning to extend eligibility period so that I can take the test in December.

My question is If I will be meeting the eligibility requirement since I am now technically enrolled in the Graduate College (public health) even though I am in the md/mph joint program. The USMLE bulletin says you have to be enrolled in accredited MD program but I am not sure if it strictly means you should be doing the MD program and not other joint program like mph or maybe even phd program. In the same note, I also wonder if Phd students can technically take step 1 or 2 during their phd years although they must be busy with their program as well.

I would appreciate advise from anyone with knowledge in this.
 
Last edited: