Step II Step 2 ck retake advice

Started by saudades
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

saudades

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all, I posted a bit about my story in another thread but I wanted to specifically ask for advice on how to approach a step 2 retake after a failure. 4th year at US MD school, 214 step 1, 207 on CK just after they raised the passing score to 209. One week before my exam I got a 230 on UWSA, so I really don't know what happened besides maybe test anxiety (?). Anyway, I'm signed up to retake in 4 weeks. I've started doing Uworld again by subject in timed tutor mode, then plan to go through it again in timed random mode. I should be able to get through it all if I stay on top of things (unfortunately I'll be doing a rotation between now and then, but I think it will be pretty light, M-F 8-5ish). I started reading MTB 2 but it was kind of a time suck so I'm now just focusing on Uworld. I also ordered Secrets to read shortly before the test. Does this sound like a good plan? Thanks.
 
I'd just work on UWorld and getting my endurance up to 6-7 blocks/day. It's a long exam.

Secrets is a decent book to drill from if you have someone willing to help with reinforcing quick recall.