Step 2 ck retake advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

saudades

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I posted a bit about my story in another thread but I wanted to specifically ask for advice on how to approach a step 2 retake after a failure. 4th year at US MD school, 214 step 1, 207 on CK just after they raised the passing score to 209. One week before my exam I got a 230 on UWSA, so I really don't know what happened besides maybe test anxiety (?). Anyway, I'm signed up to retake in 4 weeks. I've started doing Uworld again by subject in timed tutor mode, then plan to go through it again in timed random mode. I should be able to get through it all if I stay on top of things (unfortunately I'll be doing a rotation between now and then, but I think it will be pretty light, M-F 8-5ish). I started reading MTB 2 but it was kind of a time suck so I'm now just focusing on Uworld. I also ordered Secrets to read shortly before the test. Does this sound like a good plan? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I'd just work on UWorld and getting my endurance up to 6-7 blocks/day. It's a long exam.

Secrets is a decent book to drill from if you have someone willing to help with reinforcing quick recall.