Step 2 CK too late for ROL

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

spinspin

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm an MS4 applying for Neurology this year. Long story short, I pushed back prepping for Step 2CK (did too many subis when trying to decide on my specialty, away rotation, interviews took up more time than I anticipated) and at this point I'm not sure I'll be ready to have my score in time for rank list submission. I'm wondering how much this would hurt my chances of matching? I know a lot of programs really want or require a passing Step 2 CK before ranking you, but don't explicitly say so on their website. Will I get dropped by programs if my Step 2 CK score isn't back by Feb 25 (rank list due date)? My Step 1 score was in the 210-215 range, and I'm by no means a strong candidate at all, but I was able to get 11 categorical/advanced interviews at some strong programs too, I think mainly due to very strong LoRs and coming from a 'good' school.

Because I did a few sub's over the summer, I only have one rotation left this year, so I'd have plenty of time to study and pass with a comfortable margin, but just not in time for rank lists. I'm not sure if I should otherwise attempt taking it in the next couple of weeks and risk failing (I still have several more interviews to go on this month). I searched this forum extensively but wasn't able to find anything conclusive. I'm really in need of some help/advice!

Members don't see this ad.