Step 2 CS August 2019 Score Release

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pathlologist

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Took CS in June in Atlanta, hoping for score this Wednesday. Just like everyone else, I made a lot of mistakes (missed diagnoses on maybe 2-4, forgot a couple of pertinent physical exam maneuvers, forgot counseling on a couple). Trying not to panic and remembering that I have a 95% chance of having passed

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Took the test June 21st in Philly. Just checked and my scheduling permit has disappeared but I had it available earlier this week. I'm hoping this is a good sign but based on other threads its anybodies guess. The more I think about this test the more I feel like I actually didn't do anything during it. Good luck!

June 26th Atlanta. Worst day of my life. Hoping for the best, made lots of errors too. First patient didnt get a handshake, missed diagnosis on at least 4 cases. Finished very early and didnt smile much, about 3 patients hated my guts, didnt wash hands in one case but apologized shortly after. It goes on and on. So happy theres finally a forum for this. Hoping everyone passes this thing. :)

Reactions: 2 users
June in Atlanta and so scared right now. I Counseled when necessary, used two non medical terms for diagnosis and maybe off on 1-2 diagnosis overall. Physical exam was all over didn't do much of the specific exams but I was polite and dropped those who weren't.

Members don't see this ad :)
Took the test June 21st in Philly. Just checked and my scheduling permit has disappeared but I had it available earlier this week. I'm hoping this is a good sign but based on other threads its anybodies guess. The more I think about this test the more I feel like I actually didn't do anything during it. Good luck!
mine disappeared the day of my exam

Just looked at the March score release thread. It seems like some had permits disappear Saturday some Sunday and some not at all before getting their score on Wednesday. It also seems like it did not correlate with passing or failing. Guess we will just have to wait :/

Reactions: 1 user
Just looked at the March score release thread. It seems like some had permits disappear Saturday some Sunday and some not at all before getting their score on Wednesday. It also seems like it did not correlate with passing or failing. Guess we will just have to wait :/
Yup, mine dissapeared just after taking.

Took CS June 14 in Philly....feel like i completely missed dx and barely did any physical exams....my permit disappeared a few days after the exam and it won't let me reapply....has anybody tried the FSMB thing?

Yeah i've been checking like crazy too but ppl say it doesn't work until the day before now?

Members don't see this ad :)
yuppp....do you have any idea about what time the results come out?

I also tried the FSMB thing. Nothing yet there. Ive heard scores come out anywhere from 9 to 11 EST. Gotta love the ambiguity of this entire exam

Probably a dumb question but what exactly is the FSMB thing that everyone is referring to?
Its not a dumb question, i just found out about it 2 weeks ago. You essentially register on the FSMB website and go on FCVS to have a look at your examination history. Should show pass/fail of all Step exams you've taken. The CS pass/fail status comes out exactly at 1 AM EST on wednesday, or at least, thats what the other forums say. The actual score report on OASIS (im an IMG) comes out later on wednesday at 11AM EST not sure.

I just discovered this yesterday too lol. If you go to fsmb and make an account. Then go to fcvs and start an application. Exit out then go back into fcvs and your application and on the right hand side there should be an education history link and under it you will see examination history. So far under CS its blank for me
Probably a dumb question but what exactly is the FSMB thing that everyone is referring to?

Thought it was by 1AM (EST) on wednesday?
I think so. Im so anxious I took my CS on June and I was the only IMG on that day. I was so intimidating because my first language is Spanish and everyone with their english son nice and perfect. This fact took my first case to the window, I was talking alien language that not even them understood me: ka ka ka ai com in pis >.> so horrible feeling but later in my first break I went to the bathroom and slap my face to switch my alien language to english.

I took mine in June and literally freaking out ughhh, mostly had 2 differentials, 2 cases didn't really use medical terminology for weird disorders on the differential. and two cases didn't have the best differentials. ughhhhhh

I took mine in June and literally freaking out ughhh, mostly had 2 differentials, 2 cases didn't really use medical terminology for weird disorders on the differential. and two cases didn't have the best differentials. ughhhhhh
And the sad part is that either way passing or failing theres no rubric table telling you the things you forgot or did poorly

please if any one gets the result let us know thanks will try at 1 am today fingers crossed

IMG took exam in chicago. it felt okay till later i realized the things i missed. got almost all diagnosis right but missed counselling specific for illicit drugs smoking alcohol in 4-5 cases missed few exam maneuvers. Missed relevant exam in one case. Cant stand this. I think i am going to have a heart attack. And imgs have a 77pc pass rate.

IMG took exam in chicago. it felt okay till later i realized the things i missed. got almost all diagnosis right but missed counselling specific for illicit drugs smoking alcohol in 4-5 cases missed few exam maneuvers. Missed relevant exam in one case. Cant stand this. I think i am going to have a heart attack. And imgs have a 77pc pass rate.

I feel right now that my percentage is lower than that to pass.

Now what test should you order and what is your # 1-3 dx?
I would get history first but
1) hypertensive emergency secondary to stress lol
2) secondary to pheo (hopefully if I don't pass it'll release all that good stuff)
3) secondary to renal artery stenosis ( if I don't pass my kidneys give away).

I would council me on MDD lol

order

renal duplex
BMP, Urine electrolytes
and 24hr urine catecholamine