Step 2 CS FAILING STUDENT Survey

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

abc123

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
My reporting period for my Step 2 CS is next week and today i got a email from NBME with a survey. The purpose of the "survey" is to evaluate opinions on FIRST TIME CS FAIL RATES FOR US MEDICAL STUDENTS.

Has anybody else ever recieved such a survey??? Did you end up passing or failing the Step 2 CS exam???

Thanks for your help. I'm freaking out!

a

Members don't see this ad.

It sounds like a survey to see your opinion on the rates themselves, not necessarily something that is sent only to people who fail. But still an awful thing to send out when your score isn't back yet...

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't think that you have anything to worry about. I have filled out a lot of surveys this year and it seems as if I filled out something about my opinions on Step 2 CS. If I remember right straight, there were questions about whether or not you passed, standardized patients at your school, etc. I took the test way back in October and passed. I don't think that I took the survey until early this Spring.

I blasted them on the cost of the exam, difficulty scheduling the time frame that I wanted, and having to fly across the country to take the stupid thing!:D

I don't think that you have anything to worry about. I have filled out a lot of surveys this year and it seems as if I filled out something about my opinions on Step 2 CS. If I remember right straight, there were questions about whether or not you passed, standardized patients at your school, etc. I took the test way back in October and passed. I don't think that I took the survey until early this Spring.

I blasted them on the cost of the exam, difficulty scheduling the time frame that I wanted, and having to fly across the country to take the stupid thing!:D

Is that the Step 2 CS survey offered by the AMA? I took that survey as well in the spring, but I think the posters are mentioning a different one. Still awaiting results from taking it in March...

Is that the Step 2 CS survey offered by the AMA? I took that survey as well in the spring, but I think the posters are mentioning a different one. Still awaiting results from taking it in March...

Hmmm....I may have filled out the survey from the AMA. I am not sure. I have filled out so many surveys this year!!!!!!

Subject: USMLE Step 2 CS Survey

Dear MedicationWorks,

Beginning in 1992, the National Board of Medical Examiners (NBME) and the Federation of State Medical Boards (FSMB) introduced the United States Medical Licensing Examination (USMLE). At that time, a periodic review of standards for each USMLE Step Examination became part of USMLE policy. One component of this review is a survey about the appropriateness of the existing standards for making pass/fail decisions.

The NBME is currently surveying people at a variety of educational and professional levels to collect opinions about the current pass/fail standards for the Clinical Skills (CS) component of Step 2. The results of this process will be considered by the USMLE Step 2 Committee as part of the task of determining appropriate pass/fail standards for the examination.

Participation in this survey will require only a few minutes of your time. If you are willing to participate, please 1) click on the URL below or copy and paste it into your web browser and 2) enter the username and password below to access the survey. Please note: Usernames and passwords are not case sensitive.

URL: http://survey.nbme.org/Step2CS/2007/A

Username: username

Password: password

We would appreciate your responses by Friday April 27, 2007.

If you have any questions or concerns, or if you experience any problems accessing the survey, please reply to this email or contact us at [email protected] .

Be assured that all responses will be kept confidential; only aggregate results will be reported. Thank you in advance for your willingness to share your opinions on this topic and for your contribution to assuring that the Step 2 CS standard setting process is well informed.

Sincerely,

Gerard F. Dillon, Associate Vice President, USMLE

National Board of Medical Examiners

--------------
^ seems benign to me.