Step 2 CS in Houston?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

blahh

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone taken it in Houston? Just curious about the people who took it -- were there lots of FMG's? Texas has like 4 medical schools... I was curious if the people who take it in Houston seemed to be more American or foreign? Uh, not to be discriminatory, I'm just curious....

Members don't see this ad.

I took it in late January 08, and there was about 5 FMGs out of 24-25 test-takers. So, like 20%? But that was just on the day I took it, I'm sure there can be great variability.

I know most FMGs try to get all of their USMLE stuff in order before applying to residencies, so if you can find that timeline, you can probably predict when most FMGs will be taking their Step exams.

Hoping you'll look good in comparison to FMGs? :D

Just took CS in Houston in early May. From my best guess, there were 5 US students out of 24. Lots of multi-colored passports for ID was my primary clue. It was fine, and there are lots of hotels right near the center, unfortunately the location isn't convienient for getting out and seeing any part of Houston if you have a flight to hang around for. Funny part was that out of the 5 of us who were likely US, 2 guys were graduating in a week and were taking it really late. I hope they passed!