Step 2 CS is B&%&!! TO SCHEDULE - they can burn in HADES!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Poety

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Edited out - no longer mad, returning to zen and removing negative forces from the forum :)

Members don't see this ad.

you couldn't find one day out of one years worth of eligibility? sorry, but that sounds more like horrible planning on your part than a CS problem

neilc said:
you couldn't find one day out of one years worth of eligibility? sorry, but that sounds more like horrible planning on your part than a CS problem

Awesome empathy, dude!

spang

PS: to OP, I think it's ok here to write "pissed" and even to say it aloud if you like. This is America, after all.

Edited out since Neil and I have resolved our difference of opinion and I won't spread negative energy here :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Poety said:
Hey Neil, I'm not used to seeing nasty comments from you - but I'll go ahead and respond - I just had a baby, sorry if POOR PLANNING means that I was tied up with my new child. I registered in Sept and the soonest date I got was in Feb - I'm totally changing my original idea about you - good luck getting into YOUR residency spot (yeah I know you had to take it already to even get ranked etc etc) - if you don't have something positive to say don't bother posting. :thumbdown: And I stick to my original idea IT IS A CS PROBLEM

so now you are mad at me?

i registered in september and took it in october. i know that signing up now is tough, there are only dates in feb, but dates do open up. maybe not every day but pretty regularly. and, having a baby is a challenge, but it sure is not usually a surprise, right? if somebody dropped it unannounced on your doorstep after you registered for the exam, then i take it all back. but, if you were pregnant for 9 months, i think you knew what to expect.

it just smacks of poor planning to me, and i don't understand why people blame others for that. when you register, you have ONE YEAR to sign up for the exam. if your eligibility passes (ie you cannot find a date within that year), how on earth is that a CS problem????? i mean, i know getting a late date sucks, and i feel your pain there. but, you are complaining about not getting your money back because you couldn't register in time, right??? they give you a year, and i just cannot fathom how you can't get a date in that time frame.

oh yeah, and i love the "if you don't have anything positive to say, don't post" line....the original post is ooozing with positivity, right? :laugh: i guess what you mean is if you don't agree with me, don't post?

It is a problem with the CS. We were told by our school that we "should" take it before the end of the yr. When I went to register for it nothing was open until Feb. Poety, I think they open spots up at the beginning of every month. So keep looking this month and then def hop on Dec 1.

Hope this helps...

Ectopic

EctopicFetus said:
It is a problem with the CS. We were told by our school that we "should" take it before the end of the yr. When I went to register for it nothing was open until Feb. Poety, I think they open spots up at the beginning of every month. So keep looking this month and then def hop on Dec 1.

Hope this helps...

Ectopic

Hi Ectopic! Thanks so much, I've been trying every day to no avail. I don't think I really need it for ranking. I called a lot of programs and they said they don't require it for ranking, but I haven't heard back from a few yet. I'd like to get it out early, our dean told us the same - by the end of the year - I can't believe Feb. is the soonest thats out there without having to fly all over the place!

I would just like to have it out of the way but Feb 8th isn't that far out of the time frame if nothing comes up. Supposedly we are just supposed to have this passed by graduation.

I also talked to my dean who said he is going to have another meeting with the rest of the deans regarding the exam scheduling policies and exactly what can be done about it - apparently half my class can't get the thing completed by May :eek: so now I'm a bit grateful for the Feb date :oops:

EctopicFetus said:

Hope this helps...

Ectopic

Our school gave us the same advice which, thank god, I completely ignored and took it early. I just had a feeling it was going to turn into a clusterf--k.

sacrament said:
Our school gave us the same advice which, thank god, I completely ignored and took it early. I just had a feeling it was going to turn into a clusterf--k.

and it SO has hasn't it? (turned into a cluster....) oy vay! Good luck sacrament and ectopic with not only dates but passing this ridiculous money hogging obnoxious exam intended for FMG's with ESL <boiling blood>

I just wanted to say as well, I have an attending that is triple boarded, and he is BOYCOTTING an exam because they want 3500.00 for him to get re-licensed, I believe hes in the process now of having the validity of his "licensing renewal" exams called into question since he said they're essentially CRAP and just want you to show up there, dish out the money and spend your 5 hours answering BASIC stuff.

Seems like this may not be the end guys :(

Have you looked at the other testing centers? I know the one in Philadelphia fills up quickly,but some of the others have more test dates available. I think they should open up more testing centers or something to accommodate the number of test takers.
Good luck!

Peeshee said:
Have you looked at the other testing centers? I know the one in Philadelphia fills up quickly,but some of the others have more test dates available. I think they should open up more testing centers or something to accommodate the number of test takers.
Good luck!

Hi Peeshee! Yes I did, I'm for Feb 8th and unfortunately Im jam packed with interviews so travelling and adding that expense isn't feasible :oops:

I appreciate your help though, hopefully this stuff will be all sorted out soon enough so that next year doesn't have to go through this. I'm for sure telling 3rd years to schedule NOW for the test, especially since so many slots are reserved for FMG's (Im guessing 'so many' because thats what the office in Philly told me)

I should have just taken it in 04, but I really did think when I re-registered in Sept 05, something PRIOR to Feb would have been available you know? Thats like a 5 mos waiting period!

Poety :oops:

just checked now, there is a Nov 15 date in houston.

dates pop up a lot, keep checking.

Poety said:
Hey Neil, I'm not used to seeing nasty comments from you - but I'll go ahead and respond - I just had a baby, sorry if POOR PLANNING means that I was tied up with my new child. I registered in Sept and the soonest date I got was in Feb - I'm totally changing my original idea about you - good luck getting into YOUR residency spot (yeah I know you had to take it already to even get ranked etc etc) - if you don't have something positive to say don't bother posting. :thumbdown: And I stick to my original idea IT IS A CS PROBLEM
Sounds like you had nine months to plan.

tx oms said:
Sounds like you had nine months to plan.

not engaging in negative energy - thank you for your response :)