Step 2 CS October Score Release Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chocoholicsoxfan

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I believe this week is the week!

My permit is still up :(

Now I can't help but feel I failed

Members don't see this ad.

Still see my permit too, so it really does look like it doesn’t matter, as there’s no way that none of us are getting scores tomorrow.

I have the FCVS page bookmarked. It seems like it was the most reliable “trick” based on the previous thread. 1 AM Eastern can’t come soon enough...

Reactions: 1 user
if I haven't taken Step 2 CK, I assume the 1am FSMB/FCVS trick will not work for me?

I’m not 100% sure, but maybe the FCVS trick will? Right now I can go to: My FSMB - Home

When I create my account and click on FCVS under credentialing I can click continue and then see my examination history under education and certification. It shows the dates I passed Step 1 and Step 2 CK with a blank for CS, so I would assume if you see your Step 1, CS might still show up without CK.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just don't see "education and certification" anywhere, thus cannot see examination history? It just has me submit an application... ?? where am I missing it?

Edit: found it. Mine's blank. nerves are settling in.

Last edited:
From the main page you can scroll down to the yellow box that says credentialing. Then click on the check mark that says FCVS. That takes me to the application (you can sign in at this point, if you haven’t already) and education and certification is on the menu on the right

I'm so so scared now lol.
I took my exam in the last day of the period, I hope will get it tomorrow. I did alot of mistake (I hope it is minor) and I'm an IMG , I have convinced myself to see a big fail in my FSMB hehe.
Still can't register for step 3
Permit disappeared longtime ago

9 hours left......... Hopefully all will pass.

Good luck guys

permit still there (opens up permit when clicking on link)
mid-August date
horrified, haven't been able to sleep
my ddx, work-up, and supporting evidence sucked
feels like my heart is both rotting and about to explode :(

Hang in there! I'm pretty much in the same boat. I think I've gone through the 5 stages of grief at this point and have finally arrived at acceptance. The one thing I'm glad of is that I took it late enough that if I fail places I'm interviewing at dont have to know until I retake and hopefully pass...

Reactions: 1 users
Hang in there! I'm pretty much in the same boat. I think I've gone through the 5 stages of grief at this point and have finally arrived at acceptance. The one thing I'm glad of is that I took it late enough that if I fail places I'm interviewing at dont have to know until I retake and hopefully pass...

Thank you. Unfortunately, I've yet to take CK and anticipate programs will want to see that (via score release/update post-CS result). I have heard that if you've taken CK already, you can just not update your scores on ERAS, and programs will likely not care. This holds true only for AMGs, though, and I'm not sure how it effects match eligibility.

Good luck to everyone :luck:

Has anyone ever confirmed if - 2 of the 12 cases are experimental? or the other idea that 2 of your lowest marked cases are dropped?

I am an img and am so worried about my SEP, about 4/12 patients asked me to repeat my self, one of the sp had an accent too which I couldn't understand so well.
so far when i go to register for step 2 cs, am not allowed to do so.
when i go to print for permit for step 2cs it says
The Step 2 CS scheduling permit is sent to applicants after they are registered for Step 2 CS. You cannot print a scheduling permit because you are not currently registered for Step 2 CS.​

tried registering for step 3, the fsmb trick - it says am not elligible
so far on the fcvs page, just my step 1 and ck has pass on it

am so freaking out​

I am an img and am so worried about my SEP, about 4/12 patients asked me to repeat my self, one of the sp had an accent too which I couldn't understand so well.
The Step 2 CS scheduling permit is sent to applicants after they are registered for Step 2 CS. You cannot print a scheduling permit because you are not currently registered for Step 2 CS.​

am so freaking out​

Same here can't register for step 3, also I have the same msg for step 2 permit.

For SEP, I'm a bit worry, 2 SP asked me to repeat the same word so I realized I need to pronounce it well and I managed that , also 1 SP psycho case Asked me to repeat every word, I hope he need to act that way.
During my prep course, they told me SEP is graded on scale so no need to be a native to pass, hopefully we are above average, but, the spelling and grammer is important so I hope my notes was good, it was difficult in 10 min to write every single words and check the spelling and grammer for me at the end hehe.

I hope the SEP will not fail me, gonna make me crazy hehe.. ughhh

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you. Unfortunately, I've yet to take CK and anticipate programs will want to see that (via score release/update post-CS result). I have heard that if you've taken CK already, you can just not update your scores on ERAS, and programs will likely not care. This holds true only for AMGs, though, and I'm not sure how it effects match eligibility.

Good luck to everyone :luck:

Most likely we both passed CS so I don't really even want to think of the alternative but worst case scenario if you have the interview idk that it would change anything in terms of timing, I think it'd still be viable to update for both CK and post CS pass by ranking time

Has anyone ever confirmed if - 2 of the 12 cases are experimental? or the other idea that 2 of your lowest marked cases are dropped?

I'm pretty sure the 2 cases dropped are "experimental" and the same for everyone - I feel like I've read that somewhere but not in any of the official materials. I doubt it's your 2 worst somehow... they never try to make things easier for us...

I'm pretty sure the 2 cases dropped are "experimental" and the same for everyone - I feel like I've read that somewhere but not in any of the official materials. I doubt it's your 2 worst somehow... they never try to make things easier for us...

I second this. I was told there are 10 graded cases, the other 2 are experimental. I think you can have several poor performances and still pass as long as you did decently in the others. My school made it sound like it wasn't a big deal if you felt like you completely bombed a case or two since the scores ends up averaging your performance across all cases.

Hmmm, at this point, looks like there are 2 possibilities.

In the past, at least SOME people had permits disappear. This time around, nobody seems to have had their "print permit" button disappear.

This means that either USMLE fixed the tricks people use (Step 3, permit disappearing), or for some reason scores aren't coming out this week.

If they fixed those other tricks, I wonder if they changed the FCVS thing too?? Guess we'll find out at midnight tonight.

I really hope this doesn't mean scores aren't coming out this week. :(

the idea of living another week of ignorant bliss does sound appealing though

i took my test july 18. what's another 7 days added to 3 months of agonizing, stress-filled waiting anyways

^edit: that was sarcasm i feel like i might vomit

Last edited:
“Terrified” seems to be the common denominator for step 2 CS.
I did ok on step 1 and 2, but couldn’t finish a single note on time during CS . I’m a slow typer, also every time I got out of the room most ppl were already done with the interviewing part and already half way with their notes. “Terrified “ is understatement , even before the exam I was so stressed out because I knew I’m a slow typer. What a stupid/ money making test. No value in learning at all. Almost 3 months to get a stupid score , and re-scheduling will be another cluster F.

I mentioned earlier that I failed on my 1st attempt by 1 star on ICE.... i just keep telling myself that I was more prepared than last time, so I should be able to pass this time around.

The wait def kills you, as time went on, I realized how many more mistakes I made this time around, maybe im just more aware ?

fingers crossed, im putting on avengers end game, watch it again, kill 3 hours for now lol

I have an interview tomorrow and im gonna try so hard to not look during the day in case i actually failed so i dont bomb my interview

Calm down everyone. when it's there it's there, don't stress yourselves out about it.

You likely passed, and if not then fix your errors and move forward. I just interviewed somewhere and a current resident was telling me about failing 2CS during interview season. At interviews they owned their fail, said it would be fixed by match date, took/passed the exam by rank time and updated the places they interviewed at. Matched at their #1.

Reactions: 2 users
US-IMG here, took mine august 27th, (my scheduling permit disappeared 2 weeks after the exam)
I made a few spelling mistakes on the patient note & I ran out of time on at least 3 encounters wasn't able to close properly. Messed up atleast 2 physical exams, forgot to counsel 2 cases. But I did screen everyone.
Please Pray for me.

Will my results be up at 1am EST time too?

Last edited:

am so freaking out​

mines says the same thing :-0

10 min left uhhh.
Going to emergeny operation. Will see it later, can't control my feeling intraop lol.

Hope everyone pass.. Finger crossed

nothing
my impression is that they've patched everything and those who would have seen something tonight will get an e-mail later this morning, since nobody's permit disappeared (at least for AMGs)

nothing
my impression is that they've patched everything and those who would have seen something tonight will get an e-mail later this morning, since nobody's permit disappeared (at least for AMGs)

but IMGs should be getting scores now right? I'm an AMG but wondering if IMGs aren't getting scores now it means they aren't coming for AMGs tmw AM either? so much overthinking lol

I am an IMG and I have nothing. What's the logic that if IMGs don't have it, no one will?

I guess when I was looking at old threads it seemed like IMGs got their scores at 1 AM EST or close to it and then AMGs got them the next morning. So I'm thinking that if IMGs aren't getting their scores now then we all have to wait another week? Or were people thinking they passed because of the step 3 trick? How does it usually work for IMGs?

ah, what i meant was that it seems none of the AMGs had their permits disappear. however, a lot of the IMGs had permits disappear, sometimes not long after their tests. so i'm not sure of the significance of permit disappearing or not for IMGs, but it seems like for AMGs, there's no significance (i.e. it's patched). and everyone who would have seen their scores tonight (AMGs and IMGs) will see them from 9-11 am (my impression is that it's generally 11? EST?)

I guess when I was looking at old threads it seemed like IMGs got their scores at 1 AM EST or close to it and then AMGs got them the next morning. So I'm thinking that if IMGs aren't getting their scores now then we all have to wait another week? Or were people thinking they passed because of the step 3 trick? How does it usually work for IMGs?

i think the step 3 trick and the FCVS exam/history thing are two separate things
but for the FCVS exam/history at least, AMG students were getting results at 1 am

it's also possible that nothing has been patched, but nobody is going to get scores back this week for whatever reason

i think the step 3 trick and the FCVS exam/history thing are two separate things
but for the FCVS exam/history at least, AMG students were getting results at 1 am

Oh OK interesting. I've always gotten my results at about 744 AM PST I don't even know what FCVS is, so I'm expecting the same will hold true tomorrow

I did the exam history for step 1 and had results at 1 also did it for my wifes cs and had it at 1... but my cs isnt working :(

IMG here and its not working for me
They won’t be released tomorrow then. We will all have to wait another week. IMG’s can look now at 1 AM on FCVS and it would have said passed or failed. Mine still says the same. The CS score is blank. We are looking at 10/16. Good night.