Step 2 CS October Score Release Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chocoholicsoxfan

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I believe this week is the week!

My permit is still up :(

Now I can't help but feel I failed

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Also took 7/22. No score report today would just be insulting. There is no situation that this test should take so long to grade. We need change.

Reactions: 1 user
Only explanation, they lost all our scores and are going to make us all pay an additional 1200$ to retake it

Just checked email nothing, nothing on fcvs or step 3. Took it late august so I guess I can't expect it in the 1st day.

Permits still there, no email, no FCVS, no step 3 eligibility. Maybe USMLE will give me some money for the therapist I'm going to badly need as I keep waiting for this score. I made green bean casserole last night you all. I'm making Thanksgiving dishes early as comfort food lol.

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Took mine July 14th (the first day of this cycle) - no email, nothings changed for me. Literally DYING over here.

Reactions: 1 users
IMG here. Took the exam on July 26th

Been checking like a crazy person all morning but nothing yet.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Slightly off topic: I’ve been feeling really stressed about this score for the last 24 hours. Then I checked the news and saw that a few days after Bernie Sanders had a heart attack, is daughter-in-law died from a heart attack as well. The man likely lost his last chance at being president, had a serious health event and has to mourn a close family member in the span of a couple weeks. It helped to put things into perspective.

Don’t know what to make of this. In the past I think everyone really got it by 11:00 eastern, but literally no one seems to have scores so who knows. Of course this has completely destroyed my ability to get anything done today...

I can't imagine how I'm going to live the next 7 days of my life.
this is terrible.

Reactions: 4 users
I also called but got the sense the person I was talking to was reading off off the same website I was... however for some reason I think people will get their scores today as expected idk why

You can call 3 time and get 3 different answers. When I was putting in paperwork for the ECFMG certificate I got a no, a yes, and a maybe about how to submit my documents. Take that info for whatever it's worth

Sounds like the customer service rep just had a generic response. It's likely they're not privy to exclusive information. Nobody cares. Honestly, they can do whatever with us, and they do. Disheartening.

I have to go to clinic in exactly 8 minutes and I really have no idea if I’m going to be able to function...

I called again - totally different response that’s crazy ! And there is no delay ....how is it that no one on this thread got nothing yet....wowwwww. Another 7 days ...I can’t take the pressure, I gata go clear my head somewhere this is giving me a headache

I called again - totally different response that’s crazy ! And there is no delay ....how is it that no one on this thread got nothing yet....wowwwww. Another 7 days ...I can’t take the pressure, I gata go clear my head somewhere this is giving me a headache

So you called twice and they said there would be no delay both times? (ie we are still supposed to get the score report today?!)

I just called and they told me there weren't any delays but that my score should be released next week

Did they say it in a way like everyone who hasn't received it by now will get it next week (ie everyone) or were they speaking about you specifically? Just thinking if it makes sense to call to find out when my score is going to be released if they are giving individual responses.

So you called twice and they said there would be no delay both times? (ie we are still supposed to get the score report today?!)

no delay means no issues ... it doesnt mean today. it just means within the original release window ... so could've been today but since it wasn't, some time between today and Nov 4th I think

Did they say it in a way like everyone who hasn't received it by now will get it next week (ie everyone) or were they speaking about you specifically? Just thinking if it makes sense to call to find out when my score is going to be released if they are giving individual responses.
I asked about me specifically because they pull up your account... might be helpful to bombard them with calls though so definitely call if you're interested

So I'm calling them now. Listened to about 4 minutes of elevator music, then a little voice popped up and said that they've been having some technical difficulties leading to a high call volume and that I should consider emailing them if I didn't want to wait. I'll update this as soon as I get through to an agent.

• Haha
I get that there’s a release window for a reason, but officially posting that the “vast majority” of test takers will get their scores on the first date and then apparently releasing no scores on that day sounds like a delay to me.

Reactions: 5 users
Did the trick work for Step 2 ck? Does anybody know? If yes, then we shouldn’t wait anymore for the CS result today :( I’ve been agonizing for weeks. Such a bummer!

So I called them and was like hey, this is the date that I took it (07/14). The guy said "The time of release is between October 9th and November 6th". I asked if there was any possibility of a delay, he replied "The time of release is between October 9th and November 6th". I asked if there was any influence of the day that we took the exam, he said "The time of release is between October 9th and November 6th".

I then asked him IF there was any potential for a score delay if we would be notified. He replied the same thing before I yelled at him for not listening, cause at this point he started to interrupt my questions. He then said that yes, if there was a problem with our score or scoring in general, we would be notified via email. Scores are "typically" released in the morning, but can come throughout the day. Then he said that there is a possibility that even though you take it early in the cycle, you may not receive your score until November.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 3 users
I called and was told that my score will not be released today.

It could be BS, and she is looking at the same info that I have. However, I’m going to take this as an opportunity to focus on my actual responsibilities for the day.

So I called them and was like hey, this is the date that I took it (07/14). The guy said "The time of release is between October 9th and November 6th". I asked if there was any possibility of a delay, he replied "The time of release is between October 9th and November 6th". I asked if there was any influence of the day that we took the exam, he said "The time of release is between October 9th and November 6th".

I then asked him IF there was any potential for a score delay if we would be notified. He replied the same thing before I yelled at him for not listening, cause at this point he started to interrupt my questions. He then said that yes, if there was a problem with our score or scoring in general, we would be notified via email. Scores are "typically" released in the morning, but can come throughout the day. Then he said that there is a possibility that even though you take it early in the cycle, you may not receive your score until November.
Wow ridiculous