Step 2 CS October Score Release Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chocoholicsoxfan

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I believe this week is the week!

My permit is still up :(

Now I can't help but feel I failed

Members don't see this ad.

yes, so it's either

1) they've patched everything and a portion of us will be getting scores at 11ish EST
2) nobody's getting their score this week for whatever reason

well thanks everyone for being around
i will update

Reactions: 1 user
I took Step 2 CS July 29th in Atlanta ——today is the first day of the reporting period and I can’t sleep! I’m currently in Atlanta and it’s 1:26 am omggggg

someone waiting for ck results said their fcvs says pass as of 1am... so i think we actually are just not getting our results

Members don't see this ad :)
This is so stupid... The site clearly says the "vast majority" will get their scores tomorrow. I checked both NBME and USMLE Twitter accounts, and there's nothing. The LEAST they could do is keep us updated as to what's going on.

I have to assume they patched things and some people will be getting scores tomorrow morning. I took it late so I won't be surprised if I get my score back late as well.

Reactions: 2 users
Blank on FCVS and the permit is still there for me too.

someone waiting for ck results said their fcvs says pass as of 1am... so i think we actually are just not getting our results

Man, is this frustrating. Have they ever straight up skipped the first week of the reporting period before?

I’m also going to hope that they might have only patched this for CS, and that this isn’t some unforeseen delay. They’ve had plenty of time.

This is so bizarre. I have no idea how I am still able to coherently type a post (7 am in Europe) but - I was expecting both CK and CS today. My CK status changed to Pass, my CS status has not changed. Also yesterday it seemed like the Step 3 application trick worked for people with CK only but not for CS... so I guess we all have to wait till the actual score release and hope we are among the "vast majority"... or for some reason nobody is getting it this week...

This is so bizarre. I have no idea how I am still able to coherently type a post (7 am in Europe) but - I was expecting both CK and CS today. My CK status changed to Pass, my CS status has not changed. Also yesterday it seemed like the Step 3 application trick worked for people with CK only but not for CS... so I guess we all have to wait till the actual score release and hope we are among the "vast majority"... or for some reason nobody is getting it this week...
That’s crazy I think they would have given us heads up about delays already and now everyone is figuring out the trick so that’s why it’s not working anymore ??? Idk I just need my results in the next few hours, it’s been long enough omg it’s almost November I took this think in July ....it’s nerve wrecking

Waiting for CS has been orders of magnitude worse than waiting for Step 1, CK, and every other medical school test combined. If only because the cost of failing is so incredibly high and because it’s so opaque and random that there’s no real way to improve or even identify what you did wrong. The only bright spot is that when we are in charge we can hopefully stand up against this nonsense and expose it for what it is. Our forebears are spinning in their graves thinking about what these administrators get away with doing to the future of this profession.

Reactions: 4 users
I think I read on the website at some point that they are testing some new algorithm starting this month that will auto score parts of the written portion. Dunno if that is what is effecting things.

Doesn't make any sense that they would patch the step 3 trick ONLY for CS. I think we should probably just assume no scores today.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think I read on the website at some point that they are testing some new algorithm starting this month that will auto score parts of the written portion. Dunno if that is what is effecting things.
I hope not that should be for those who test in October and beyond, I tested in July - my score should have been graded and done already I’m so annoyed omg

Reactions: 3 users
We, everyone on this thread, are a small subset of the total amount of people who tested, less than 1% I'd say. It's very possible that we aren't in the "vast majority" and we get our exam results later. More likely is that our results show up later today. I'm sure everyone did well, and if not, like I said before own it and keep it moving.

I don't want to be pessimistic but since....

1. most people permit not disappear
2. FCVS didn't show result at 1 am

these are 2 signs that we're not getting result this Wednesday and I think we all have to wait another week :(

If it makes anyone feel better last year there were 9 people in the class above me that failed CS who all matched their number 1. Some of their programs just said to have a passing score before orientation...

My CK score has arrived a minute ago but no sign of CS yet! It is starting to look more and more like we will have to wait another week :(

It doesn't make sense to me that a random sampling of people wouldnt be in the vast majority though. What are the odds that everyone on this forum is in the minority of test takers that gets their score late?

It doesn't make sense to me that a random sampling of people wouldnt be in the vast majority though. What are the odds that everyone on this forum is in the minority of test takers that gets their score late?

And also if there was some kind of a general delay in score reporting, I would imagine there would also be an announcement somewhere on the USMLE website (or ECFMG/NBME)... haven't seen anything so far.

And also if there was some kind of a general delay in score reporting, I would imagine there would also be an announcement somewhere on the USMLE website (or ECFMG/NBME)... haven't seen anything so far.

I was thinking that too - I think they'd have to move back day 1 of the reporting period and let us know

.01^number of people in this forum

Also nothing. US-MD here. Don't IMGs get their scores at 8am EST or something?

does it have to be every wed from here on out? or is it possible for it to come tomorrow ?

Seems to be every Wed but who knows with these people? If it does not happen today with no announcement or anything then clearly they will do whatever they want.

This is straight up professional irresponsibility. This test does not take 2.5 months to grade for those of us that took it early. And they still need more time? Without notification for a delay? Ridiculous.

Reactions: 5 users
My paranoid self just went on the usmle website and called a Contact number on there. There are no delays. Score reporting does start today .....Lady said 11am EST scores should start getting released by ECFMG. If u don’t get an email from ECFMG by the end of the day then ur results will come out at on another Wednesday of the testing period. I guess we gata wait for 11 and see .....

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
My paranoid self just went on the usmle website and called a Contact number on there. There are no delays. Score reporting does start today .....Lady said 11am EST scores should start getting released by ECFMG. If u don’t get an email from ECFMG by the end of the day then ur results will come out at on another Wednesday of the testing period. I guess we gata wait for 11 and see .....

Not sure if I should thank you for finding out for us or for the crippling anxiety I am going to have for the next 1hr and 13 mins...

Reactions: 1 users

thanks for that update... fingers crossed

I also called but got the sense the person I was talking to was reading off off the same website I was... however for some reason I think people will get their scores today as expected idk why

did you take ck recently, maybe they just started doing that lol... giving an announcement for an announcement lol

Nothing on my end too. Holding on to hope for 10 more minutes, but wow, I don’t know how many more weeks of this I can take.