Step 2 during OBLC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Slevin

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a 3rd year med student and I'm getting ready to take step 2 this summer however I realize now that the date I scheduled my step 2 falls on a monday for OBLC during the third week of training. How likely would it be for me to get that monday off to take step 2? Otherwise I'd have to wait until August to take it and I'm not sure I want to wait that long.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I'm a 3rd year med student and I'm getting ready to take step 2 this summer however I realize now that the date I scheduled my step 2 falls on a monday for OBLC during the third week of training. How likely would it be for me to get that monday off to take step 2? Otherwise I'd have to wait until August to take it and I'm not sure I want to wait that long.

Thanks

Is it in San Antonio or close by? I went to OBC last summer and one of my friends had to miss a day in the field to go take Step 2. I guess it is all going to be up to the class advisor. MAJ Coffin was our class advisor and she was very accommodating, but someone new will be in charge this summer. When you get ur first email from the class advisor in april, shoot him/her an email and ask.

You will also have to have your own way to get there. They provided a way for the person to get back to post, but after that she was on her own to get there.

Last edited:
Yea I remember someone had to leave to take it. Since we have to have step 2 done by a certain time, I'm sure they will be reasonable about it as long as you let them know ahead of time. I'd call the HPSP office to see what they say.