step 2 got cancelled due to covid won't have step 2 score in time for ERAS will this matter for a DO applicant applying anesthesia?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

haddy0995

Reaction score
DO step 1: 247 comlex level 1:664 comlex level 2: scheduled for June.
I have heard of individuals delaying step 2 if they had a decent step 1 but will this still be okay me being a DO? the earliest I might have my step 2 score is late October/November. Will I still have enough interviews provided I will apply to as many programs as possible when ERAS opens without my step 2.

Members don't see this ad.

I've heard rumors ERAS may open a month later than normal this fall

Reactions: 1 user
Nobody knows what is going to happen. That’s the whole idea of an unprecedented pandemic

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
DO step 1: 247 comlex level 1:664 comlex level 2: scheduled for June.
I have heard of individuals delaying step 2 if they had a decent step 1 but will this still be okay me being a DO? the earliest I might have my step 2 score is late October/November. Will I still have enough interviews provided I will apply to as many programs as possible when ERAS opens without my step 2.
I don't think this will affect your interview prospects one bit.

Would you rather it be reversed so that you took Step in June and Level in late summer/early fall? At least you will have your graduation requirements completed.

Applying to a field like anesthesia I wonder if it even makes sense for OP to take step 2 this year? Obviously in a normal year when you can take level 2 and step 2 back to back it isn't a big deal, but OP did very well on step/level 1 and it may not be worth risking a low step 2. Given all the prometric cancellations this year and the general craziness I have a feeling PDs will put more emphasis on step 1 and not require step 2 for interviews.