Sep 22, 2014
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
I took the COMLEX Step 2 PE and felt as though I did well overall, until I left the exam. Then I started thinking and quickly realized that I had misdiagnosed at least 3 patients during their encounters. One or two of them pretty badly and another one or two with at least similar conditions. Is this something that could cause me to fail? I would really appreciate the feedback!

BigSib

Rural Family Dr
7+ Year Member
Apr 2, 2013
Midwest
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
The assessment portion of the note should include the #1 problem (could be a problem or diagnosis or both), conditions that should be considered or ruled out (listed as 'r/o' or 'rule out' XYZ), and any other general diagnoses discovered throughout the encounter (history of tobacco use, history of hypertension, etc.). You get points for all portions of this, but if you were way off on your #1 I'm not sure how that impacts the overall encounter.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads