Step I Step 2 & Rectal Injury

Started by hemoccult
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

hemoccult

Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just got done with step 2 and left feeling like I was on the receiving end of an EUA without the anesthesia. I feel like I knew most of the vignettes but there were a few where I threw my hands in the air and said "holy $hit...I can't believe they're asking that."

Just curious to know if anyone else felt the "ramrod effect" of step 2 and how their scores came out in the end. The great thing is that at least that test is done...for now.🙄
 
You'll do fine. I think that is the general consensus coming out of the test but I think MOST people are pleasantly suprised. I know when I finished I wasn't even sure I passed but then my scores came and I did much better than Step I. Don't sweat it.........
 
Originally posted by binswanger
You'll do fine. I think that is the general consensus coming out of the test but I think MOST people are pleasantly suprised. I know when I finished I wasn't even sure I passed but then my scores came and I did much better than Step I. Don't sweat it.........

Ditto!

njbmd😎
 
Although I didn't take the USMLE, I took the COMLEX (DO version) around this time last year. I thought I had a colostomy reversal/renastomosis done on myself, seriously thought I had failed... then lo and behold I scored a 99%ile.

So try some tucks' medicated pads, some sitz bath, and a doughnut cushion and wiat for your scores. It'll all turn out okay! (Just try not to feel violated).

Q, DO