Jul 25, 2009
Status
  1. Medical Student
I'm just wondering what are considered the best books for the step 2 exams? I have read some reviews on Amazon and I was disappointed to see how poorly the First Aid books were reviewed after being very satisfied with the Step 1 book.

Looking at the threads here it seems like World is the way to go. However, I like my information a little more organized than that. I wrote notes from World into my First Aid for Step 1 and that worked well for me.

So what are the best sources for the Step 2 tests? Also, what would you guys consider sufficient time to study for the tests?

And going off in a tangent slightly, I'd be curious to hear what the best books are for the shelf exams, and if they require specific review books or if general Step 2 books are sufficient?

I appreciate anything you can tell me. I know it's early, but I wish I had First Aid for Step 1 before even starting medical school, just for recognizing the high points of lectures, etc. Thanks guys.

Jake

yohimbine1

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Mar 9, 2008
Status
  1. Attending Physician
I bought FA Step 2 but after reading reviews I additionally bought Crush and Deja Review, both of which I plan to use instead. UWorld as a complement--I wouldn't use a qbank as a sole study resource. Any comments?

Sep 7, 2008
France, Paris
Status
  1. Pre-Medical
Can someone please brief us on the right books for step 2. I am still trying to figure out the right approach but time is ticking!!

Do I need FA? What else beside FA:confused:

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads