Step 2 Review Books

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrJSweets

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm just wondering what are considered the best books for the step 2 exams? I have read some reviews on Amazon and I was disappointed to see how poorly the First Aid books were reviewed after being very satisfied with the Step 1 book.

Looking at the threads here it seems like World is the way to go. However, I like my information a little more organized than that. I wrote notes from World into my First Aid for Step 1 and that worked well for me.

So what are the best sources for the Step 2 tests? Also, what would you guys consider sufficient time to study for the tests?

And going off in a tangent slightly, I'd be curious to hear what the best books are for the shelf exams, and if they require specific review books or if general Step 2 books are sufficient?

I appreciate anything you can tell me. I know it's early, but I wish I had First Aid for Step 1 before even starting medical school, just for recognizing the high points of lectures, etc. Thanks guys.

Jake

Members don't see this ad.

I bought FA Step 2 but after reading reviews I additionally bought Crush and Deja Review, both of which I plan to use instead. UWorld as a complement--I wouldn't use a qbank as a sole study resource. Any comments?

Can someone please brief us on the right books for step 2. I am still trying to figure out the right approach but time is ticking!!

Do I need FA? What else beside FA:confused: