Step 2 Study Schedule

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DMBmatty08

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys and gals, I was just wondering if some of you could post your study schedules so that I have an idea of how to plan my study time. Thanks ahead of time.

Members don't see this ad.

Granted I probably dont conform to what most of ya'll will be doing.

But my plan was this, at the moment.

I was gonna be reading step 2 secrets daily for maybe an hour or so every morning.

Spend the rest of the day going over my notes. Do questions in the evening.

For this week I hope to go over Cardiology, Rheumatology, and Respiratory at the min.
Next week try and address more of the other medicine topics.

Spend a week doing peds. Another 4-5 days going over obgyn. Then 2-3 days for surgery, psych and whatever else I might be missing.

I'm like half way through my UW questions with 10 days left. I'm not gonna rush to finish them. Will prob buy the extension. Then once I'm done with those, I'll sign up for a month of qbank.

I've decided to push my exam back from Aug 26 to oct 7? or maybe a saturday in september.

As I said above, my situation is a little different. I would love to have a step 2 ck score already, but I dont wanna rush it just to have it done.

I studied for 4 weeks. I read the Secrets in order, then read B&W, then re-read Secrets in order. All the while doing around 6 blocks a day in tutor mode @ UW. I'd finished Secrets about 4 days before the exam. Then just did UW over and over (about 8-10 blocks a day) while reviewing my notes from tutor mode. I'll know if it worked in 3-4 weeks.

Some of my friends were using Crush, others the Kaplan books. I felt pretty comfortable with the tutor mode on UW plus Secrets and B&W, so I stuck with that. I may have answered the same question on UW wrong 4 times, but I reviewed it 4 times when I read over my notes.