Dismiss Notice
Last chance to give your feedback! Fill out the 2019 SDN Member Survey to let us know what's important to you (and win prizes!)

step 2

Discussion in 'Step II' started by dlm13cwru, Feb 18, 2007.

1. dlm13cwru

5+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Can you take USMLE Step 2 if you passed COMLEX I but did not pass USMLE step 1?

2. manning18

manning18 Guest
    10+ Year Member

I believe the answer is Yes, as one is allowed to take USMLE Step 2 before taking USMLE Step 1. Thus, your past performance on the COMLEX should have no bearing on this. I would check at
    www.nbme.org
    www.usmle.org

3. mjl1717

mjl1717 Senior Member
    15+ Year Member

yes

4. girlmed

Attending Physician
    Step II experience:

I think 80 to 90% of the questions were: 1.-Most likely diagnosis and 2.-next step in the management.
    So its very important to study the order in which you start the managment or diagnosis of a disease, you dont need to know doses or specifications about the treatments
    High yield: Immunodeficiencies, Congenital cardio defects, a lot of rheumatology, like pain in joints or knees or limping, defects associated to genetic diseases like turner

First aid really help me, a lot of stuff of first aid was on the test
    Some side effects of very common medications, learn very good the milestones for pediatry, obgyn is easy so study very hard that way u gain points on that questions

Nothing about EKG nor arteries involved in strokes

I dont know my result yet, if i remeber somethig else i will post it.
    I hope it helps