Step 2CS 4/25/18 Score Release Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Redpancreas

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I’ve been waiting for over 1.5 months and still have a month to go. Felt terrible coming out of the test and even worse with this long wait period. I literally can not afford to fail this thing. I’m sure others are finding the wait similarly nerve wracking so I figured it would be a good idea make a thread. If I indeed pass, I’m going to create a comprehensive guide to Step 2 CS.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
I’ve been waiting for over 1.5 months and still have a month to go. Felt terrible coming out of the test and even worse with this long wait period. I literally can not afford to fail this thing. I’m sure others are finding the wait similarly nerve wracking so I figured it would be a good idea make a thread. If I indeed pass, I’m going to create a comprehensive guide to Step 2 CS.
In a similar situation :( Cannot stop remembering the stupid mistakes that I made

Hope you pass so you can start residency on time. My friend will take it beginning of next month and she already very stressed about it because she does not know if the state she will start residency requires it to get a training license...

Last edited:
hey..
i am in the same boat seriously freaking out and rests like a maniac :( .. it was my second attempt. worked really hard this time and even then made so many stupid mistakes..i cannot afford to fail again, my life is done if i failed :( ..

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
so here are my mistakes..
i dont really know how i did in this exam.. finished all encounters on time . asked all questions all ddx. but in one forgot std hx .
what i did wrong. :(
forgot cranial nerves exam in cns case. did all other neuro
didnt finish three notes. couldn't write allergy, family hx in 2 they were important and positive. may be social hx in 1 ..
i think i messed up 2_3 important ddx :(
didn't write occupation almost in all cases.
wrote wrong spelling of first dd in 1 case.
missed first dd in 2 cases.
i HOPE AND WISH I PASS THIS TIME. i literally hate this exam. i prepared really well this time but anxiety got me. don't know how to do perfect in this exam.i thought ill but nah!!

Omg so sad I just saw this thread now. I’ve been freaking out for the last 2 and a half months! I’m trying not to think about it. It’s one of the worst feeling ever!

Anyone know what time results are suppose to come out???

Good luck to us all!

Members don't see this ad :)
Looks like I'll be finding out tomorrow as well. Can't see any button for printing a permit at all, but I don't buy too much stock into that meaning anything about whether I passed or failed, besides I just checked today for that.

US IMG here, took CS on 2/21 in Atlanta, truly terrified about getting the result bc I’m convinced I failed. School OSCEs all went okay or well, took the Kaplan mock on 2/16 and passed it comfortably enough but the real exam was much more vague than the mock. Been cycling through my mistakes in my head for 2 months but now I just want to know one way or the other.

Checked my permit the other day and it’s gone but no idea when it disappeared. I am also restricted from reapplying for CS on the ECFMG IWA. No idea if either of these mean anything but there you go lol. Good luck to everyone!

i
US IMG here, took CS on 2/21 in Atlanta, truly terrified about getting the result bc I’m convinced I failed. School OSCEs all went okay or well, took the Kaplan mock on 2/16 and passed it comfortably enough but the real exam was much more vague than the mock. Been cycling through my mistakes in my head for 2 months but now I just want to know one way or the other.

Checked my permit the other day and it’s gone but no idea when it disappeared. I am also restricted from reapplying for CS on the ECFMG IWA. No idea if either of these mean anything but there you go lol. Good luck to everyone!
hope everyone passes.. its been really tough waiting for this result..

Really nervous about the results! , gave my exam in philly 9th march, Permit disappeared, hoping for the best and good luck to everyone!

Just got the notification email (at 6:57 am CST) and my score. Pass. Thank god!! Did not expect that. Good luck to everyone!

Reactions: 1 users
Just got my score too! A lot earlier than I expected. Got the email 8am EST. Passed. Hoping for good news to all!!!

hey guys.. i passed thanks to Almighty God.. Alhumdulillah.. it was the scariest time of my life..

Last edited:
Did not get anything thus far for EST :/
It’s going to kill me if this doesn’t come today.

Just got my score too! A lot earlier than I expected. Got the email 8am EST. Passed. Hoping for good news to all!!!

Yeah I read in older threads that IMGs tend to get their scores earlier in the day. Then I realized I’m on CST so would get it an hour earlier than that. Phew! Congrats to all who got good news today! Now on to the rest of CK prep for me lol :hardy:

Last edited:
Did not get anything thus far for EST :/
It’s going to kill me if this doesn’t come today.

Are you an AMG? I think y’all get scores around 11/1130 am EST. IMGs (like me) tend to get CS results earlier in the day, around 8/830 am EST apparently. Weird but I guess that’s NBME vs ECFMG releasing scores. You will get the score and I’m sure it will be good news!

Congrats!

hey guys.. i passed thanks to Almighty God.. Alhumdulillah.. it was a scariest time of my life..

God bless. Congratulations! The wait is honestly so terrible. As if we med students don’t have enough things to be anxious about!

Yeah I read in older threads that IMGs tend to get their scores earlier in the day. Then I realized I’m on CST so would get it an hour earlier than that. Phew! Congrats to all who got good news today! Now on to the rest of CK prep for me lol :hardy:

Congrats as well! Same here. Now on to stressing for CK! Haha

Congrats as well! Same here. Now on to stressing for CK! Haha

Thank you! If we can get through the exam with the weirdest and most arbitrary/relative scoring of all time, we can definitely get through CK with its normal, math based scoring lmao. No stress for a while now @usmle313 okay! :nono:

Took my exam 12 march in Houston. I'm an IMG... All my IMG colleagues received their scores early in the morning... With passing scores. I still havent mine though

Alright, I passed. Thank goodness! I don't know what I would have done if I didn't pass!!!! BTW, US MD/AMG took exam 3/8 in Los Angeles

Last edited:
PASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don’t know what I would have done if I hadn’t. I had stars in borderline despite heavy duty prep for 3 weeksso I don’t know how close I was to failing and this isn’t a joke of an exam in my opinion. I really think we need to give it its due diligence . Taken 2/23 in Philly. AMG. As promised I’ll write a guide soon.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
How does the scoring work? Like if you have any Xs past the shaded “borderline” zone = failed that section? Just curious, I know there’s not a lot of info on scoring. I was just worried about ICE and my lowest X in ICE is at the bottom edge of, but still in, the shaded area. Jw!

Passed! honestly, over the two months I waited for the exam results I had convinced myself that I failed. I replayed so many silly but obvious mistakes in my head and was really worried about the outcome. Turns out, I didn't even come close to borderline performance, all my stars are far to the right. I took two weeks (evenings only, I was still in a rotation) to read FA and practiced 4-5 cases out of the book almost every night...got to the majority of them. The beginning chapters of FA are important too so you know how they expect you to summarize and close the interviews. So prepare properly and this test shouldn't be a big problem. They also don't expect perfection, so don't beat yourself up over every tiny mistake for 2 months like I did!

PASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don’t know what I would have done if I hadn’t. I had stars in borderline despite heavy duty prep for 3 weeksso I don’t know how close I was to failing and this isn’t a joke of an exam in my opinion. I really think we need to give it its due diligence . Taken 2/23 in Philly. AMG. As promised I’ll write a guide soon.

So happy for you!

Philly site was where I originally failed along with a classmate. Later found out that testing site has a malignant reputation and fails far more students than other sites.

Passed. For all those who are waiting for the CS results please do not panic, you can make so many mistakes and still pass.

When did u recieve ur scores guys ?

10:51 NBME Scores email. 11:00 scores were uploaded. The permit had nothing to do with it
So happy for you!

Philly site was where I originally failed along with a classmate. Later found out that testing site has a malignant reputation and fails far more students than other sites.

Thanks man! Good vibes back at you. I’m going to have an EM month coming and I’ll be using it to practice my quick differentials.

what do you mean by restricted from reapplying? When I clicked apply, it says I'm registered for the exam. I took mine on 04/16

i am an IMG, took it on 5th march houston. it was my second attempt. thanked i passed.i had no clue what ill do if i failed again. may be change the field. good to go for step 3 now.. good luck all and congratulations everyone who passed. :) its the most unpredictable exam of usmle steps.

How does the scoring work? Like if you have any Xs past the shaded “borderline” zone = failed that section? Just curious, I know there’s not a lot of info on scoring. I was just worried about ICE and my lowest X in ICE is at the bottom edge of, but still in, the shaded area. Jw!

My best guess is where the middle/median star is. If it’s borderline you’re safe, but if it’s in lower performance, it’s a fail. While perusing the forums, I’ve seen a score with a pass but a significant # of stars in lower but some in higher and the borderline was full. I think median star was on the lower edge of borderline.

Last edited:
what do you mean by restricted from reapplying? When I clicked apply, it says I'm registered for the exam. I took mine on 04/16

Just meant that ECFMG IWA wouldn't let me apply again for CS - honestly I'm pretty sure that's completely arbitrary anyway. Sorry I can't explain it any better.

My best guess is where the middle star is. If it’s borderline you’re safe, but if it’s in lower performance, it’s a fail. While perusing the forums, I’ve seen a score with a pass but about as any stars in lower but some in higher and the borderline was full. I think median star was in just on the lower edge of borderline.

Thanks! Congrats on passing :)

Congratulations to everyone for their success. I am an IMG took my first attempt at philly on 02/23/18 and received FAIL CS score report yesterday. This feeling sucks .