Step III step 3 CCS inpatient PID

Started by drake19
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

drake19

Full Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
-for inpatient management of PID the antbx regimen is IV-cefoxitin and IV-doxycycline
-according to UWORLD you can switch to PO antibiotics after patient shows 24h of sustained improvement

-cervical culture came back during inpatient management as gonorrhea (+), chlamydia (negative)

when I switch to PO antibiotics do I switch to PO-doxycycline for the PID and also give her IV-ceftriaxone? Or is the PO-doxycycline enough? thanks
 
-for inpatient management of PID the antbx regimen is IV-cefoxitin and IV-doxycycline
-according to UWORLD you can switch to PO antibiotics after patient shows 24h of sustained improvement

-cervical culture came back during inpatient management as gonorrhea (+), chlamydia (negative)

when I switch to PO antibiotics do I switch to PO-doxycycline for the PID and also give her IV-ceftriaxone? Or is the PO-doxycycline enough? thanks

po is enough for your scenario