USMLE STEP 3 Trick Works!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Chamorro12

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
The "trick" still works. Here's how it played out for me:

-NBME (apps.nbme.org) permit link disappeared early Sunday AM
-FSMB (usmle.fsmb.org) changed from "active" to "expired" early Monday AM with no link to reapply

Score report was available Wednesday 12:00 am Eastern Time on NBME (https://apps.nbme.org).

Members don't see this ad.

• Dislike
Reactions: 5 users
Could you please let me know if this is what you mean

I need to improve my CCS. I did UW twice but definitely it did not worked.
yes this is it! it gives you feedback on how you do at the end and all the points you have to cover, it doesn't really help with sequencing much but archer and crush ccs 3 can help with that.
there are two uwsa 1 and 2 , and now two nbme 4 and 5 form.

yes this is it! it gives you feedback on how you do at the end and all the points you have to cover, it doesn't really help with sequencing much but archer and crush ccs 3 can help with that.
there are two uwsa 1 and 2 , and now two nbme 4 and 5 form.
Thank you very much. I submitted score recheck, just in case.

Members don't see this ad :)
217 not so good ccs score but still above borderline. In residency PGY-2.
Finished uw once, no assessment, did FRED, uw ccs, 100 ccs, Just need to pass within 3 attempts per program policy. Glad to pass the first time. No time to study this during intern year. Bye USMLE

Reactions: 1 user
My last day was 9/04 and link disappeared but my status says approved

Same boat in here! Last day was 9/5, print schedule link dissapeared last night, but my status still says Active and Approved. I think we might get score this week, and tomorrow AM will see whether we have a link or not. Anxiety is over the top, Gosh I just want to be done with this...

My permit ended up disappearing yesterday AM and this morning my status changed to expired with no link to re-apply! Hoping for the best...

Same boat here , my last date was 9/4 , permit link disappeared yesterday morning and today morning the status changed to expired , no yellow box !!
Hopefully the trick works...

Of course I couldn't sleep yesterday, I refreshed the page like 100 times. Thank God, expired status, no link to reapply so far, seem like we are on the right track. Let us hope this trick still works!

Members don't see this ad :)
i started archer but didn't finish it, went only through a few uworld cases , i mainly practiced with CCS cases , did all those 100 cases 2-3 times and it really worked, ccs really saved my exam

Is it better than archer? I am confused which one is best aside from uworld CCS. I don’t want to use too many resources.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is it better than archer? I am confused which one is best aside from uworld CCS. I don’t want to use too many resources.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
i would say the 100 CCS cases it is best.

Anyone waiting for score tomorrow . My second day was sep 17. Status still showed approved. So that means I will not get score report this week?

Anyone waiting for score tomorrow . My second day was sep 17. Status still showed approved. So that means I will not get score report this week?

Check your Permit at the NBME candidate website. IF permit link has disappeared you will be getting your score the week... You can check your score Wednesday 12mn ET

Permit Disappear today in the AM, check FSMB website GREY box, no Link to re-apply, does that means i passed? oh GOD ....

Today morning i checked the fsmb website and it said expired with no link to reapply then 2 hours later i had a link to reapply all over again what does that mean someone please help my results are coming out this wednesday

Today morning i checked the fsmb website and it said expired with no link to reapply then 2 hours later i had a link to reapply all over again what does that mean someone please help my results are coming out this wednesday
Now im pacniking.... what the ... ? could you elaborate more ? for example mine says :

You have an active registration:
    Expired
  • Name:
  • Submit Date:
    Monday, June 25, 2018
  • Eligibility Start Date:
    Wednesday, August 01, 2018
  • Eligibility Expiration Date:
    Wednesday, October 31, 2018
Your Step 3 application has expired. You may begin a new Step 3 application at your convenience.

BUT THERE IS NOT LINK , NO NOTHING...

Now im pacniking.... what the ... ? could you elaborate more ? for example mine says :

You have an active registration:
    Expired
  • Name:
  • Submit Date:
    Monday, June 25, 2018
  • Eligibility Start Date:
    Wednesday, August 01, 2018
  • Eligibility Expiration Date:
    Wednesday, October 31, 2018
Your Step 3 application has expired. You may begin a new Step 3 application at your convenience.

BUT THERE IS NOT LINK , NO NOTHING...

so i had the same prompt as you do when i clicked on the extension and eligibility link given on the fsmb step 3 portal.... then after awhile that link does not have that prompt anymore... now when i click on the step 3 application link i can reapply but not in the morning when i saw my status expired prompt so im very confused ???

so i had the same prompt as you do when i clicked on the extension and eligibility link given on the fsmb step 3 portal.... then after awhile that link does not have that prompt anymore... now when i click on the step 3 application link i can reapply but not in the morning when i saw my status expired prompt so im very confused ???

I took my second exam on 9/28. Briefly skimmed through this entire thread. From what people have said, there should be no link anywhere on the fsmb site that takes you to reapply. I'm sorry.

I took my second exam on 9/28. Briefly skimmed through this entire thread. From what people have said, there should be no link anywhere on the fsmb site that takes you to reapply. I'm sorry.

Yea i figured but the question is why did i have what others had with no link to reapply when i checked anywhere on the site ... then i did its kinda confusing me .. i am prepared for the worst but just makin sure if anyone else is having the same issue because i guess ill have to wait till tuesday and good luck for yours

It says
Your Step 3 application is in progress. Please click Continue below to complete your application.

When I click on continue, it leads to start a new application

Today i had my permit show expire with no link to reapply then few hours later now have what you have with my application status as in progress did you face something similar or did you have this status in progress as soon as you checked because im really depressed any help would be appreciated

Checked mine yesterday- expired and no link, checked again today- still expired and no link. If you compare your screen to the one on page 5 maybe that might help, mine looks just like that. I’m sorry man

Is it safe to assume that majority of people get their results on the 4th wednesday. I don't see any posts on this forum for 3rd wednesday results.

Scores are up! Trick worked :) Passed! Congrats to all who passed. For those who didn’t or are just searching through the thread- I used DIT to review prior to UWorld, completed a little more than 60% with 62% correct.

NBME 4: 490 2.5 months out
UWSA 1: 188 2 weeks out
UWSA 2: 222 5 days out
Real thing: 223 :soexcited:

Scores are up! Trick worked :) Passed! Congrats to all who passed. For those who didn’t or are just searching through the thread- I used DIT to review prior to UWorld, completed a little more than 60% with 62% correct.

NBME 4: 490 2.5 months out
UWSA 1: 188 2 weeks out
UWSA 2: 222 5 days out
Real thing: 223 :soexcited:

Congrats Man. Was it 3rd or 4th Wednesday for you? What time did the score get released?

Tricks Work exactly as stated here. PASSED!!!!!

1. If you take your exam before wednesday or same wednesday, your score will be release 3rd wednesday after the first day, the second seems that it does not affect the release day if its within same week.
2. If you go to FSMB and says EXPIRE with not link to reapply and
3. Candidate website with no permit, most likely your score will be release next wednesday. Also 99% you just passed.... i was skeptical.
My permit disappear on saturday before score release day. Still, i got a passing score and finall OFFFFFF of USMLE, for does who did not pass, i highly encourage you to keep fighting this thing, a test cant ever define you... GO FOR IT!!!!

My eligibility period ended 4/30 so my permit has disappeared and there is no link to reapply on the candidate website—for what it’s worth.

Tricks Work exactly as stated here. PASSED!!!!!

1. If you take your exam before wednesday or same wednesday, your score will be release 3rd wednesday after the first day, the second seems that it does not affect the release day if its within same week.
2. If you go to FSMB and says EXPIRE with not link to reapply and
3. Candidate website with no permit, most likely your score will be release next wednesday. Also 99% you just passed.... i was skeptical.
My permit disappear on saturday before score release day. Still, i got a passing score and finall OFFFFFF of USMLE, for does who did not pass, i highly encourage you to keep fighting this thing, a test cant ever define you... GO FOR IT!!!!

Congratulations I hope all of us pass. My first day was 09/18 and the score is not out there yet. My status is still approved and just have the message" your eligibility period is going to expire soon" on the gray box. Did you have the same thing at the end>

Congratulations I hope all of us pass. My first day was 09/18 and the score is not out there yet. My status is still approved and just have the message" your eligibility period is going to expire soon" on the gray box. Did you have the same thing at the end>

Was your second day the same week or the following week? Crossing my fingers for you next week! I just took day 1 and day two is on Friday for me.

Is it safe to assume that majority of people get their results on the 4th wednesday. I don't see any posts on this forum for 3rd wednesday results.

I got my score this week.
It was a third Wednesday.
Was pleasantly surprised.

I know my post is anecdotal, however. But it’s out there!

Second exam was on 9/28. I wasn't expecting my results this week, but just checked FSMB and found that it has changed to "expired." No link at the bottom. Hope it stays that way. As we learned from Doc_prag30, it is possible for the link to show up later.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    173.2 KB · Views: 371
mine says “your step 3 application has expired. you may begin new step 3 application at your convenience” with no link to reapply! i cant help but recheck every few hours to make sure the link doesnt appear!?!

mine says “your step 3 application has expired. you may begin new step 3 application at your convenience” with no link to reapply! i cant help but recheck every few hours to make sure the link doesnt appear!?!

Good luck to you. What time is the score released usually?

Trick worked. Passed. 231. Did not have time to do any of the nbme or uworld practice exams. I basically just did the uworld qbank questions. Spent the last two days before the exam studying for CCS using the uworld cases.

trick worked!!! PASSED! 213, not great but Im just happy I passed! finished 70% of uworld with 65% correct.

I only took mine 2 weeks ago, but the FSMB site says "Your Step 3 application has expired. You may begin a new Step 3 application at your convenience." and there's no permit link on the NBME site. Do people ever get their scores back this quickly?

I only took mine 2 weeks ago, but the FSMB site says "Your Step 3 application has expired. You may begin a new Step 3 application at your convenience." and there's no permit link on the NBME site. Do people ever get their scores back this quickly?

My second day was Tuesday 10/2 so technically 3 Wednesdays ago but really only 2.5 weeks ago and I have the same. Hopefully that means we passed.

My second day was Tuesday 10/2 so technically 3 Wednesdays ago but really only 2.5 weeks ago and I have the same. Hopefully that means we passed.

Mine was 10/6, so this coming Wednesday will be three days short of 3 weeks. Looking forward to hopefully never having to worry about the USMLE again!