USMLE STEP 3 Trick Works!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Chamorro12

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
The "trick" still works. Here's how it played out for me:

-NBME (apps.nbme.org) permit link disappeared early Sunday AM
-FSMB (usmle.fsmb.org) changed from "active" to "expired" early Monday AM with no link to reapply

Score report was available Wednesday 12:00 am Eastern Time on NBME (https://apps.nbme.org).

Members don't see this ad.

• Dislike
Reactions: 5 users
Hi everyone! Is anyone waiting for scores this Wednesday? I took my exam 8/12 and 8/14. My permit link is still available and exam status still says approved. Anyone with changes?

Can someone post the link of the FSMB site? Did they update this site recently? Cause the design looked new to me and I’m having a hard time associating whether or not I have an account which I should.

Members don't see this ad :)
Took the test around three weeks ago. still waiting for my score. omg, I didn't freaking sleep at all last night. did i passed?

My permit disappear on NBME

I didn't see any link on FSMB other than

"Review the USMLE Step 3 Eligibility Requirements."
"Review the USMLE Bulletin of Information."

no yellow link, i can't start a new application, did i passed? did i passed? someone freaking tell me now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I didn't get a great score either, but we passed!!!! That's all that matters! bye bye USMLE!!!!!

Well I haven't matched yet, so I wanted to use this score to say "hey, I am good at taking exam" but I got a lower score than my step 2 CK. But I keep hearing that step 3 scores don't matter??? oh well nothing I can do right now.

i took mine 8/9 and 8/13, so yours should come out next week. Do you still have access to examination permit?

Yeah still see the permit link on nbme org, although when I click into it the pop up says "permit is not available". Also, my status on FSMB org is still Approved. Crossing my fingers for good news next week!

Reactions: 1 user
Long-time lurker. Took 2nd day of exam August 20th, permit on apps.nbme website disappeared yesterday (Sunday) afternoon. This morning (Monday), my FSMB website changed to expired with no link to re-apply.

Looks like I'll be getting results 3 weeks and 2 days after my last day of testing!

Members don't see this ad :)
I took exam 20 and 24 August. My permit link disappeared on Sunday (means no link anymore), My fsmb status changed to expired with no reapply link or yellow button on Monday morning. Hoping for the best!!

Exam dates 20,29/8. Status still says approved. I am also long-time lurker here. I assume I will not get my results this week. Was checking the status every hour tonight. Went to exam with UWSA 180 one week before the test. Did statistics and CCSx2 +CRUSH. Second year resident, have absolutely no time to properly prepare for this test and blame myself all the time that did not do this test before the residency.

Exam dates 20,29/8. Status still says approved. I am also long-time lurker here. I assume I will not get my results this week. Was checking the status every hour tonight. Went to exam with UWSA 180 one week before the test. Did statistics and CCSx2 +CRUSH. Second year resident, have absolutely no time to properly prepare for this test and blame myself all the time that did not do this test before the residency.
good luck

couldn't find the permit this morning, heard this only means score report will be ready by this week.
    Approved
  • Name:
  • Eligibility Start Date:
    Sunday, July 01, 2018
  • Eligibility Expiration Date:
    Sunday, September 30, 2018
Your Step 3 application has been approved. You may schedule your exam on any date prior to your eligibility period expiration date. If you are unable to take the exam during your initial eligibility period, you may qualify for a one-time only extension. To request an eligibility extension, click the “Apply for Eligiblity Extension” link on the physician portal.

so when I clicked on the extension button, it shows
We are sorry, our records indicate that you are not currently eligible to apply for a USMLE Step 3 Extension. Please contact us at 817-868-4041, Monday-Friday from 8-5 Central Time or email us at [email protected], for further assistance.

Puzzling, did I pass or fail or it is still too early to tell not until the status changed to expired, and there is no link to apply? any thoughts? thanks!! Please advise.

Permit disappearence does not mean you will get your score this week, since mine is gone a while ago.

Reactions: 1 user
The last day was Aug 29th
My last day was also August 29th. I just can not move on with my life, waiting for the results. On Monday or Tuesday our status will expire and based on the presence or absence of yellow box we can predict if we pass it or not.

My last day was also August 29th. I just can not move on with my life, waiting for the results. On Monday or Tuesday our status will expire and based on the presence or absence of yellow box we can predict if we pass it or not.
I guess i will have to wait for a few more days.

Exam day 27/8, the permitt link still there but when I click on it. Say unavailable. Any chance to get our score this week

Exam day 27/8, the permitt link still there but when I click on it. Say unavailable. Any chance to get our score this week

No changes on fsmb. Status is still approved. When was you exam ?
Day 1 8/27 , Day 2 8/30
so i am not sure if it is coming out this week or next week.
still approved on fsmb,
permit disappeared next day after my exam since my eligibility period was up 8/31

No change but the link of nbme just disappeared before 2 hours so I think tomorrow they gonna release the score[/QU
Day 1 8/27 , Day 2 8/30
so i am not sure if it is coming out this week or next week.
still approved on fsmb,
permit disappeared next day after my exam since my eligibility period was up 8/31
Well, you will know tomorrow if your score release is this week or next.

tell me about it...
my exam was a nightmare and i can't wake up since then....lol
I dont know seriously there are many question very weird and many cca cases done early and I missed many orders. I felt the cca response to my order very slow and the time runout. I felt this exam is harder than other steps

I dont know seriously there are many question very weird and many cca cases done early and I missed many orders. I felt the cca response to my order very slow and the time runout. I felt this exam is harder than other steps
same exact feeling, weird MCQs, CCS ending early most of the time, leaving me no time to do much...
i felt bad after step 1 for example but step 3 was the worst for me.
i just need a miracle lol