Step1 Resources Overload

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kwu

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello fellow student MDs,

So I just finished MS1 and things are starting to get serious. So in my school, we take physiology in the first semester and anatomy in the second semester. Unfortunately, I feel like I forgot a lot of the physiology even though I did pretty good grades wise.

My plan is to start lightly studying for Step1, only the concepts we already covered in school. I am hesitant in using my school lectures since they get into too much, low-yield, unnecessary, PhD level details. I am definitely getting Pathoma and Sketchy for MS2. What is your opinion on Boards and Byonds and USMLE Rx360?

Is there a thread that has a helpful summary for a noob MS1 like me?

Members don't see this ad.

Take this with a huge grain of salt from someone who took step 1 after 3rd year and didn't even think about the exam until 8 weeks before i took it, but if I could go back and do preclinical again, the only thing I would do prior to dedicated (other than study for class) is watch pathoma videos as adjuncts to lecture and annotate the book they give you. I know that a lot of people recommend zanki as an adjunct to class as well, but to me that seems overwhelming and wouldn't have fit with my personal studying style, so I didn't even look into it. I have no experience with B&B and RX360. I feel like if you're studying for your exams and supplement with pathoma and perhaps sketchy micro, you'll probably be prepared enough for dedicated, as long as you have 6+ weeks of it and can just crush 100-200 questions per day (even if you get half of them wrong).

Reactions: 1 user
Boards and Beyond I've heard is good for basic science material, i.e. stuff most people get their first two years.

In terms of organ blocks, I would recommend doing FA and Pathoma as part of your review at the end of each block for the exam. As you're going through the block, read the corresponding section in Rapid Review as well.

Reactions: 1 user