• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

About the Ads

JonnyG

IN the hospitals....
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Oct 13, 2004
Bala Cynwyd, too cool for philly
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Your profile says PCOM and LECOM are on your list. You get a free Litman III if you go to either of these schools from POMA. Might be nice for your grandfather to get you your first oto/opthalmascope or a different brand stethoscope for variety.

Jamers

Sexy Man
10+ Year Member
Dec 6, 2005
North Carolina
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
Your profile says PCOM and LECOM are on your list. You get a free Litman III if you go to either of these schools from POMA. Might be nice for your grandfather to get you your first oto/opthalmascope or a different brand stethoscope for variety.

You guys get a free stethoscope?? All we got was a copy of Netter's, what a rip. I would say Cardio three is the choice but if you are already getting that for free, go with the opthalmascope.

emeddo

OMS
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 18, 2006
Grand Blanc, MI
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
You guys get a free stethoscope?? All we got was a copy of Netter's, what a rip. I would say Cardio three is the choice but if you are already getting that for free, go with the opthalmascope.

Well at least you can be consoled with your "free" laptop :)

MrToilet

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 28, 2006
Status (Visible)
I use the Littmann Cardiology III, it works very well. If you buy a Littmann stethoscope from scopesplus.com, you get a free Student Kit, with ascultation sounds, a free Littmann ID tag, and an extra set of earbuds. The CD is a little dry, but it lets you hear a variety of sounds.

The Littmann Master Cardiology is nice too, a bit more expensive, though. Quite a few nurses at work use Prestige Medical ones, those seem to be nice too.

just my $0.02.

LukeWhite

USC Pulm/CCM 2014
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 10, 2002
New York City
www.facebook.com
Status (Visible)
  1. Fellow [Any Field]
I love my Magna Fortis. You can order them with any color combination of tubing, and your odds of losing it are a bit less than with the ubiquitous Littmann.

Another nifty advantage: some models have a special diaphragm with a pointed tip, which as far as I know is unique to the MF. This acts as like a parabolic pickup, letting you listen through clothes (or more commonly) layers upon layers of impenetrable fat. I've had some luck hearing otherwise inauscultatable sounds with it, though it's admittedly a bit of a pain to switch diaphragms for every patient.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.