stick with EK or go back to kaplan?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

theDr.

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I studied the Orgo chapter 1 material, did the 1001 questions so had no idea what the hell i was doing on the exam 1 for orgo. It is my strong point. I never had a problem with orgo when i used kaplan..maybe i should switch back to kaplan.

Members don't see this ad.

whatever makes u more comfortable really. I am doing EK orgo and I think it is great, explanations actually do make sense, then again I have not done the 30 min exams yet. Go over the material at least twice before you do the exams.

I'll have to try doing all the problems in teh chapter at least twice before I tackle the 30 mins from now on....i understand the explanaations...but yeah..the 30 min test were hard.

I am working on Orgo as well. I find the EK material to be more explanatory and not just a summary of mechanisms. I find the 1001 questions as well as the 30 min exmas more thought provoking and as such harder than Kaplan's.

BTW, I am also taking the Kaplan course. I go thru the Kaplan material much quicker once I read the EK material. I also found the Kaplan questions to be based more on memory than the real mechanisms. Orgo study is quite time consuming!

Scout