beee444

7+ Year Member
Jun 2, 2009
Status
Pre-Dental
Dear fellows,
I am tired of waiting but I am still being positive.
Any news from you?

pacific2013

7+ Year Member
Sep 5, 2009
Status
Pre-Dental
If you're wondering if they are still interviewing, they've finished interviewing people already.

Apr 27, 2009
Oregon!!!!
Status
Pre-Dental
They should be handing out 3rd round any minute now.
Last year they did it on Wednesday which was yesterday. Cross fingers!!!!!

May 18, 2009
Status
Pre-Dental
I interview on Feb 25th and still waiting. Please let us know guys if you hear anything soon. They mentioned that it will take them 3-4 weeks to respond. Their last interview date was on March 18th.

Jun 8, 2009
Status
Dental Student
If not today, then maybe tomorrow I'd think since it's a friday? or maybe next week perhaps.

Mar 2, 2010
Status
Pre-Dental
I interviewed back in September and am still waiting to hear back. Apparently the class is 50% full at this time. I really want to go to USC! Keeping my fingers crossed :xf::xf:

Mar 2, 2010
Status
Pre-Dental
I called today. They told me there will be letters sending out within the next two weeks...

Apr 27, 2009
Oregon!!!!
Status
Pre-Dental
Letters!? That's interesting why they'd send up letters instead of emails (easier on their part). They've done email for 3rd rounds for years now (i checked older threads 4th round is a call). Maybe they really want to fill up their class so they want the next round to be full commits? Or... Iono it sounds a weird to me, kinda scary. Good luck everyone!

cmcner

10+ Year Member
Jan 4, 2008
Status
Dentist
Don't be too quick to decide that the guy with one post is a good source of information. I find it strange that USC would change acceptance method mid cycle, I'll bet that the third round will be via email. And even if he/she is being factual based on what on a phone conversation, you never know how good of a source of information the person on the other end really is, or if they think letters and emails are the same things.

Tommy43087

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 18, 2009
Cali
Status
Dentist
They say letters, but they do both.

They also said letters to me, but i got an e-mail too.

They're not gonna do letters only, there's no reason for that.

Good luck to all of you who truly wanna go to this school, USC has been my number one choice from the day i decided dentistry regardless of the bashing that has happened towards USC here on SDN. I have been there several times and i love the place.

Jul 30, 2009
Status
they told me they were done interviewing for the class. Its pretty annoying considering they sent out a mailed letter saying to keep patient.

Mar 2, 2010
Status
Pre-Dental
Thank you Tommy43087.
" letters" is what I heard, but I believe it was just a general term.
sorry for the confusion everyone.
good luck.

Mar 2, 2010
Status
Pre-Dental
yup no word yet. does anyone have any idea how USC's admission process works? I heard they interview around 525 or so, and so will need to accept almost half of that to fill up the 144 seats right? because people will drop. Im confused

Apr 27, 2009
Oregon!!!!
Status
Pre-Dental
yup no word yet. does anyone have any idea how USC's admission process works? I heard they interview around 525 or so, and so will need to accept almost half of that to fill up the 144 seats right? because people will drop. Im confused
Here's what I heard form USC. This cycle they interviewed 600+ and will accept probably end up accepting a little more than a third of 600 at around 250-300.