Still doing content review while taking AAMC tests?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kkosp2451

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Just wondering if anyone had any experience with this. My first AAMC exams (~3-7) were really awful (~20's) mainly because I was still doing my content review at that point. I took AAMC 11 last week and wound up with a 27 and even since then I have been doing content review. Just wondering how this will calculate in my average, since most people say their real score is roughly the same as their average through the tests. Do I incorporate those early tests in my average? My real MCAT is in 3 weeks.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I wouldn't incorporate those scores. I can't really see the benefit of taking full lengths before your content review is finished, but whatever suits you, I suppose, because there's no way those will accurately reflect your knowledge base as compared to when you've finished content review. The AAMC tests you've taken AFTER finishing content review will be much more indicative of your score on the real MCAT, in my opinion.