still getting secondaries when my application was extremely late

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

umes

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is it strange that I received some secondary applications from schools who had deadlines of Feb 1st when they didn't recieve my application until Feb 18?? I got a secondary from PCOM and OUCOM and i'm not sure if they actually reviewed my primary before sending the secondary....i'm still going to submit my secondary and overnight them but i was wondering if other people who applied after their deadlines still got secondaries.

Members don't see this ad.

Is it strange that I received some secondary applications from schools who had deadlines of Feb 1st when they didn't recieve my application until Feb 18?? I got a secondary from PCOM and OUCOM and i'm not sure if they actually reviewed my primary before sending the secondary....i'm still going to submit my secondary and overnight them but i was wondering if other people who applied after their deadlines still got secondaries.
What other schools did you apply to? I'd say the chances of you getting into your top choice, as long as your stats are good, have been drastically decreased. I would almost just say scrap this year and wait until next cycle.

There's still about 7 schools accepting primaries/2ndaries until March. If you really want to go next year, you'd have good chances of still getting interviews at the 3 new ones especially. Their interviews will likely go through late Spring/early summer. You should contact the schools that have sent you supps after the deadline and find out if its not too late...certain schools are more flexible on deadlines then others. You don't want to spend the $50-$100 just to have them sent back to you.

Members don't see this ad :)
I guess it's kind of weird. Just call and ask if the interviews are for waitlist spots or not. It's kind of a tough situation this late in the game. If you want it bad enough for next year, I'm sure you can make it happen.

I believe the reason you're receiving secondaries is because you're still within the secondaries deadline.

OU-COM Feb 1, 2007 31 days ago
dot-grey.gif
Secondary - Mar 15, 2007
PCOM Feb 1, 2007 31 days ago
dot-grey.gif
Secondary - Mar 1, 2007

This was cut and pasted from aacom.org. You probably met their primary Feb 1st deadline too because of the information below (even though they didn't receive it until the 18th):

"The deadlines that are posted on our website are for materials to be postmarked to AACOMAS and not delivered to the medical schools. Your application will be processed and considered if you have met the submission and/or postmarked deadlines."

Send away to OU-COM if you had your transcripts in and application finished by the 1st, cross your fingers and have a reason ready for the AdCom's inevitable question of why you procrastinated.