Still Haven't taken step 2 CK, am I in trouble?

Started by WillbeOB
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

WillbeOB

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My interview offers have slowed to a trickle, and my rejections are picking up. I did very well on step 1 and am in the upper 1/3 of my class. Thanks to some advice from other posters 🙄 I decided to delay my step 2 ck until the end of November. My question is; was this as bad an idea as I am starting to think it was?
 
If your exam is the end of November, that means that you only have a few more weeks. I would use this opportunity to study and do well!

You can't go back in time to take the exam sooner, so I wouldn't dwell on what you could've done. All it will do is increase your anxiety level. Take the exam in a few weeks, and then do your best on the interviews that you have secured.
 
i did well on step one, didn't take step 2ck until last week of december and i was fine. never presented a problem for me.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
i did well on step one, didn't take step 2ck until last week of december and i was fine. never presented a problem for me.

Thanks for the info. I actually have received 3 interview offers in the last week, so I am feeling better. Just need to buckle down for the next 100 hours.
 
Appreciate any help! I did about average on step 1, but honored many 3rd year rotations and am AOA. I have received interviews everywhere I applied, thankfully, including all of the top IM programs 🙂 My question is regarding step 2 ck, though. Do IM programs require your score, or at least notification of passing, before they will rank you? I'm wanting to take it as late as possible so as to not even risk "tarnishing" my application. Thanks very much!
 
If your exam is the end of November, that means that you only have a few more weeks. I would use this opportunity to study and do well!

You can't go back in time to take the exam sooner, so I wouldn't dwell on what you could've done. All it will do is increase your anxiety level. Take the exam in a few weeks, and then do your best on the interviews that you have secured.
what are the hours for first yr resident in OB-GYN?