Still "pending review" at UCI?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Lola - I just came on to pm you and thank you for all of your help. I can't wait until (hopefully) we become classmates so I can take you out to lunch and find out who you really are.

I think I'm more nervous about the student interviewer than the faculty interviewer. Hopefully it will be you! hehe

I'm interviewing on Feb 17th! I love UCI and I hope I get in! :love:

Anteater for life, woot woot!! Westsiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide! Haha J/k. I'm really not ghetto, I promise :laugh:

Members don't see this ad.

Nice AID. You're really workin the Cali schools now. :)

Slick - thanks! That's two more cali schools than I was expecting to hear from. How was Loma Linda!?! Tell me aaaaaaaaaall about it!

Members don't see this ad :)
any news from uci?

My status changed to "review in process" on 1/16 and just changed to "hold" today. I need some encouragement please. Does anyone think that there is hope at this point. Should I even bother sending in a letter of interest?

Originally posted by myID
My status changed to "review in process" on 1/16 and just changed to "hold" today. I need some encouragement please. Does anyone think that there is hope at this point. Should I even bother sending in a letter of interest?

It couldn't hurt and it seems from watching people apply last year like they grant interviews late, like into March, so I'd give it a shot. Good luck.

Just for your info, last interview session this year is scheduled for March 15. Last year they went until the end of April but we started interviewing a little earlier with more sessions/month this year. They usually send out interview requests 3-4 weeks in advance, so hopefully everyone gets some good news coming up. Let me know if you guys have any other questions. Thanks.

hey jon, i've got a few questions maybe you could answer.....
1. does the committee actually look at update letters?
2. how much do you think the committee weighs gpa in relation to mcat?
3. if you interviewed last year, and your interviewer was impossible to understand, making for a bad interview, do you think the committee would remember this and take it into account?

1. Everything that you send in the mail will go into your file, everytime you come up for review, the committee member will see every letter you've sent since your interview. As a side note, I was waitlisted last year and didn't contact the office once, so go figure...

2. Numbers are always important at all UC's simply because they need a fast way to cut down the number of applicants. Rest assured that if you've been offerred an interview, the committee feels that your numbers are good enough. If you're talking comparatively would they accept an applicant with higher numbers in either GPA or MCAT over each other, I really have no idea.

3. There's no reason to believe that they would remember you from last year unless you had a very impressionable application. Meaning something extraordinary happened during the interview where you'll be talked about for years to come...hehe