"Still under review"

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drpduck

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I called UMD today and my file is "still under review". My interview was Oct. 12th!!!!! Am I the only one here that got this?!?!

Members don't see this ad.

same here. you are not the only one.

I called a different school and they said essentially the same thing and to wait to call until January/February.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have it on hold at Marquette though my application is complete... weird

Although I know that I probobly wouldn't hear anything today (12/1), there was a part of me that was really hoping that everyone would accept me today. However, I got the same news that you did "application still under review".

I guess that's better than a rejection....

Tibet...I got the same response from Marquette. They said they have denied some people so being on hold is better than being denied. The director of admission (or whoever answers the phone and can look up your admission status) told me they re-review our files and will make a decision most likely in January. I am going up there on December 20th to visit the school. I actually called another school (had an interview there) and was told I would be re-evaluated in January.

MEM3 said:
same message from uconn
yeah same message from indiana and nova... i really dont know what to feel right now. oh well just have to WAIT!!!!

for those of you who called marquette, were they friendly or annoyed by the call? Thanks, good luck

DrTacoElf said:
I interviewed sept 1 at UAB and i just called to learn my file was complete +pity+

Yep:

That is what UNLV told me. I am "being" reviewed. My interview was about a month ago. Hoffa24 and I were at the same interview.

still under review at maryland, damn!

msf41 said:
Although I know that I probobly wouldn't hear anything today (12/1), there was a part of me that was really hoping that everyone would accept me today. However, I got the same news that you did "application still under review".

I guess that's better than a rejection....

Did you call Creighton? I am interested in what they are doing for their Dec 1st and beyond letters? +pad+

Bullfan16 said:
Tibet...I got the same response from Marquette. They said they have denied some people so being on hold is better than being denied. The director of admission (or whoever answers the phone and can look up your admission status) told me they re-review our files and will make a decision most likely in January. I am going up there on December 20th to visit the school. I actually called another school (had an interview there) and was told I would be re-evaluated in January.

were you invited for an interview or are you just going there? i called just now and they said my application was on hold too.. oh well.. i guess i will just have to wait. good luck

MEM3 said:

hey mem, how did you find out? sorry to hear about that.

under review at buffalo and wont be reveiwed until dec. 27th at bu

Ranark...its just a visit, I havent interviewed there. I live in Chicago so its only 1.5 hrs drive away from my house. I had heard from a person in my classes that they werent taking "visits" anymore, but when I called they said they were (maybe this person lied intentionally). December 20th. Who knows? Still havent heard from UIC. I keep hearing they interview late (until mid-February) and when I called they said they arent going to make a decision on my file until school resumes in January.

MEM3 said:

Were they annoyed by your call or was it normal? THey havent offered me an interview yet or anything .. do you think its ok to call and ask my status in general?

they didnt seem annoyed,

go for it ranark!

MEM3 said:
they didnt seem annoyed,

go for it ranark!

yeah man, my stats i thought were ok for MD.. but I haven't gotten the email that all the acceptees have received. oh well.

we'll be a-ok!

hey bull fan
I just got the letter from marquette regarding that hold. They wrote the same thing in mine too that they are gonna look at it again in january. I hate this process of waiting. Do you think making visit would be beneficial??? I should have done that when my school's predental society visited there...oh well it's too late now...I guess I'll have to wait till mid January. I hate calling them too seems like I am bugging them..