Still want a post doc program AEGD/GPR - Now is time to act

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rarm1

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Have you suddenly thought of doing a post grad program? This often happens at the end of the year. Some of you may not want one... that is your option.

Are all programs filled?

Well this is also the time the new residents class of 2010-11 start showing up or NOT showing up. Several residencies may have openings by July 1.

So what can you do?

This weekend
1.Think if you really want a post doc program
2.Look at the ADA and/or ADEA web pages to see all the programs
3.Select which areas/programs you may want to go to.
4.Check their out on the web pages
5.Look at SDN …. Some programs are already listed in NY and PA
6.Prepare you essay – why you want more training, what you plan to do
7.Think about letter of recommendation…. From your faculty from your school, if you are already out for a year… those you have worked with.

For Monday:
1.Get copies of your transcripts and national board scores, must programs will look at student copies (they will later need official copies)
2.Ask the faculty/dean/ associates this year for letters of recommendation. Have them write but not sent it yet
3.CALL THE PROGRAMS you are interested in…. tell them you are looking for a spot, ask them to contact you if something opens or when is the best time for you to call back.
4.Be prepared to act fast – to fax copies you your essay, student transcript, boards, and notify faculty of the programs that have openings.

Check here… as I hear of opening I will post them, some programs will post directly
All programs want to fill, many have restricts to ADA CODA grads, and some do not.

Keep you hopes up…. We and other programs have had drops into July.

Good luck… If I can help, email me or call
Christiana Care Health Services
Wilmington Hospital
Wilmington, DE 19801
(302) 428-6468
(302) 428-4814(fax)
cell - (302) 530-6788
[email protected]
[email protected]

Members don't see this ad.

I will be checking this thread everyday starting Monday in hopes of finding an aegd or gpr in the northeast. Thank you :):)

I have gotten into an AEGD program, but after the first day of orientation I'm realizing that this place is not for me.... I think I would rather do a GPR.
Am I allowed to back out? What should I do?

Members don't see this ad :)
Have you suddenly thought of doing a post grad program? This often happens at the end of the year. Some of you may not want one... that is your option.

Are all programs filled?

Well this is also the time the new residents class of 2010-11 start showing up or NOT showing up. Several residencies may have openings by July 1.

So what can you do?

This weekend
1.Think if you really want a post doc program
2.Look at the ADA and/or ADEA web pages to see all the programs
3.Select which areas/programs you may want to go to.
4.Check their out on the web pages
5.Look at SDN …. Some programs are already listed in NY and PA
6.Prepare you essay – why you want more training, what you plan to do
7.Think about letter of recommendation…. From your faculty from your school, if you are already out for a year… those you have worked with.

For Monday:
1.Get copies of your transcripts and national board scores, must programs will look at student copies (they will later need official copies)
2.Ask the faculty/dean/ associates this year for letters of recommendation. Have them write but not sent it yet
3.CALL THE PROGRAMS you are interested in…. tell them you are looking for a spot, ask them to contact you if something opens or when is the best time for you to call back.
4.Be prepared to act fast – to fax copies you your essay, student transcript, boards, and notify faculty of the programs that have openings.

Check here… as I hear of opening I will post them, some programs will post directly
All programs want to fill, many have restricts to ADA CODA grads, and some do not.

Keep you hopes up…. We and other programs have had drops into July.

Good luck… If I can help, email me or call
Christiana Care Health Services
Wilmington Hospital
Wilmington, DE 19801
(302) 428-6468
(302) 428-4814(fax)
cell - (302) 530-6788
[email protected]
[email protected]

I don't understand - why would someone wait until July to decide not to show up.

I have gotten into an AEGD program, but after the first day of orientation I'm realizing that this place is not for me.... I think I would rather do a GPR.
Am I allowed to back out? What should I do?

once you have a contract it is unethical to back out... if it were a match position you would be violating the match and maybe ban from the match...

but if the program is not for you.... speak to the director and they may release you

I don't understand - why would someone wait until July to decide not to show up.

unfortunately some do not graduate on time, some get sick, a change in family status (ie engagement, marriage, have kids,etc)

others were using the position until they got a job or into another program... that is not really ethical and is breaking a contract....

We have had many reasons from all the programs... unfortunately some have been real sick... and they were often a position the following year

unfortunately some do not graduate on time, some get sick, a change in family status (ie engagement, marriage, have kids,etc)

others were using the position until they got a job or into another program... that is not really ethical and is breaking a contract....

We have had many reasons from all the programs... unfortunately some have been real sick... and they were often a position the following year

Hmmmm weird how all of these things wait until July to happen...