Stocks you are currently trading?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Groove

Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What stocks are you guys/gals currently trading?

Currently, I have positions in the following:

ANF
APP
CLS
GRBK
MHO
POWL
SMCI
STRL
TMUS
VST
GOOG
HCI
META
MOD
MPC
MSFT
NVDA
VIST

Most of my stocks I find on Seeking Alpha. I use kind of a bastardized ichimoku cloud based system and would probably call myself a swing/medium to long term investor. My biggest winners over the past year have been SMCI, POWL, META, CLS. 2022 was hands down VIST. Only real loser lately is MHO which I've held for a few weeks and is down around 2.5% I usually hold around 20 positions at a time.

Curious about everyone else's portfolio.

Members don't see this ad.

Set my stop limit too high in APP and got shaken out. It popped 10% after my GTC order got triggered.

For tech plays am looking at GOOG, CRM, TWLO, VTSI, STNE on Monday for entries. GOOG, for instance, has pulled back very nicely into oversold territory. I may double my position soon.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think TM is undervalued. They focused on hybrids and not too much on electrics. Their cars are highly sought after even as the general car market has come back to earth. I never thought a Toyota Sienna would cost 60k, but here we are. Current cars are also high quality. If anyone remembers in the mid 90s, TM cars had a huge premium over domestic competitors due to refinement, quality and giving people what they wanted, I think this happens again.

I was huge on LLY and NVO, LLY has the better DM2/Obesity drugs now and in the pipeline but I think NVO should see a run up as well. VKTX would be the acquisition gamble play in this space but its run up a lot. I said last year on another post they could be $500 million companies. Looking at how they are going to use the medication for additional diseases, they could be trillion dollar stocks, but this has to be 3 years away when there is actual capacity to make the drugs.

I agree with the GOOGL move up top. I would buy short term NVDA puts based on this latest run, but don't have the stomach for it, maybe if It went to 800 in the next week or two?

*** Just as a note, I put 90% of my money in vanguard target date funds, I buy individual stocks with the leftover 10% and consider that I've gotten lucky over the past 5-6 years, when I stop being lucky it won't be a big hit.

Reactions: 1 user
I think TM is undervalued. They focused on hybrids and not too much on electrics. Their cars are highly sought after even as the general car market has come back to earth. I never thought a Toyota Sienna would cost 60k, but here we are. Current cars are also high quality. If anyone remembers in the mid 90s, TM cars had a huge premium over domestic competitors due to refinement, quality and giving people what they wanted, I think this happens again.

I was huge on LLY and NVO, LLY has the better DM2/Obesity drugs now and in the pipeline but I think NVO should see a run up as well. VKTX would be the acquisition gamble play in this space but its run up a lot. I said last year on another post they could be $500 million companies. Looking at how they are going to use the medication for additional diseases, they could be trillion dollar stocks, but this has to be 3 years away when there is actual capacity to make the drugs.

I agree with the GOOGL move up top. I would buy short term NVDA puts based on this latest run, but don't have the stomach for it, maybe if It went to 800 in the next week or two?

*** Just as a note, I put 90% of my money in vanguard target date funds, I buy individual stocks with the leftover 10% and consider that I've gotten lucky over the past 5-6 years, when I stop being lucky it won't be a big hit.
Nice. I just finished looking at the TM chart and after researching have added it to my list of alerts. Too overbought for a position at the moment but I'll wait for a better entry. Sadly, I don't trade biotech. I've been burned too many times.

Analyzing the following pre-market: TM, BKNG, EXPE, LPG, JPI, QRVO, TWLO, PEP. None of which are very good entries but I might set some alerts.

Keeping an eye on VIST pre-market. If it drops below 31.03, I will close that position and need to downsize my energy stocks anyway given poor performance YTD. Tech and Communications are still the big sectors YTD along with Healthcare.

VTSI up 5.2% since buying on Mon. I'm not sure if I'll hold that through the weekend.

Just bought Boeing (BA) since it has gone down ~20% in the past 6 wks due to all the bad news (press) about their planes. Once it goes up 7-10%, I will take the profit.

I traded Palantir (PLTR) last month and made ~14k in a little over 2 wks (bought on 1/05/24 and sold 1/22/24). My profit would've been ~50k had I kept the stock for another 2 wks.

Just bought Boeing (BA) since it has gone down ~20% in the past 6 wks due to all the bad news (press) about their planes. Once it goes up 7-10%, I will take the profit.

I traded Palantir (PLTR) last month and made ~14k in a little over 2 wks (bought on 1/05/24 and sold 1/22/24). My profit would've been ~50k had I kept the stock for another 2 wks.
Not a huge fan of the BA chart but that's probably a good play. It is a nice pull back. It seems to have retested support around 197. I was kicking myself over PLTR. I had a position a year or two ago and sold it. I think I bought it around the $10 level. I actually think it's a solid company. I inwardly groaned when it gapped up on Tuesday.

Palantir made $1-$2 move in those two weeks. How many shares did you have lol?

Not a huge fan of the BA chart but that's probably a good play. It is a nice pull back. It seems to have retested support around 197. I was kicking myself over PLTR. I had a position a year or two ago and sold it. I think I bought it around the $10 level. I actually think it's a solid company. I inwardly groaned when it gapped up on Tuesday.
I don't even look at charts.

I saw the stock was at $260+/shares 6 wks ago and after a string of bad press, it went dow to ~$200. I am just hoping there are no more bad news so the stock can rebound a little (at least 7%).

I should have bought at $200 but I was just waiting for it to go down to $195

Last edited:
Still trying to find a good entry on TWLO. I probably should have just bought it a few days ago when I was initially looking at it. I generally try to find oversold conditions on daily with bullish ichimoku criteria on 3 different timeframes, typically W/D/4h. I set a few alerts on lower timeframes.

Looking at URI this morning. Bullish on W/D/4h. I set some alerts on 15m/30m timeframes to hopefully time a better entry.

I'm thinking of closing my VIST position later today. Lots of resistance around 33, has retested thrice.

Bought TWLO. Satisfied 3 ichimoku timeframe requirements and 15m alert went off, took out a position. Below the VWAP so I feel decent about it. Same for URI.

Closed VIST. Cried.

Set stop limit on URI and TWLO.

Last edited:
SPY broke down below the cloud at close yesterday and continued aftermarket/premarket. Futures are red but given the cloud structure on 15m and 30m timeframes, I expect the market to open in the red and continue that way at least for a little while. We'll see how long that lasts today. Still very bullish on longer timeframes.

Incoming Jan CPI data.

No real plans for today. I was looking at SMCI chart last night and that thing is a beast. It's just pretty much been going straight up and I checked my profit and have around 162% gain and realized I don't really have any sort of stop loss which is a huge mistake so I'm going to set a tight stop limit this morning when market opens. Stocks like that just lure you into complacency and greed and I really should have reduced my position by now.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Pretty bad market day. SPY continued to break down after the bell and continued all day. Touching SMA 50 on the 4h chart and seems to be holding. Still broken down on lower timeframes. Bulls came in the last hour of the market and there was a lot of buying volume. Drove it up from 490-494 just in the last hour alone and seems to be holding aftermarket. Bearish Kumo twist on 1h/30m timeframes. Still very broken down. I expect to open in the red tomorrow and continue at open.

A couple of my stop loss orders triggered. I got spooked and tightened up several of my stop losses that I had let lapse out of false confidence. SPY lost 1.37%. I lost 0.94% Actually, I think my loss was closer to the SPY and my broker is factoring in aftermarket. Tightened up SMCI and was pretty shocked to see it continuing upwards today. Got shaken out of my URI trade. MHO has entered cloud after a conversion/base line bearish crossover and I'm eyeing it closely. I've lost money on that trade and don't have too much confidence in XLRE sector YTD so I tightened my stop. Wouldn't be upset to get shaken out so I could use that money elsewhere.

Last edited:
I love this thread

BABA as much as I can. Im accumulating.

Dont let the war mongers and fear mongers get to you. china will be fine.

Reactions: 1 users
SMCI continues to just boggle the mind. I set another stop market today around 865. I’ll set it again tomorrow. I feel like it’s getting pumped either by institutional traders, retail investors or both. The RSI is literally a completely horizontal line on the daily. Part of me just wants out of that trade so I don’t have to worry about it every day. TWLO tanked after earnings and blew threw my stop order so I’m out of that one. I’m on vacation this week so it’s difficult for me to pay as much attention to the market so I’m letting my stops fill and not re-investing until I get back home. I think my URI stop loss got triggered also. SPY bounced off SMA 50 on the 4h and tenkan-san (conversion line) on the daily ichimoku. Still bullish.

Last edited:
we are not going to stop going up for a while. Dont fight the trend. We just got above where the s and p was two years ago.

SMCI, updated stop loss premarket to 1028 based on 4h chart. Low of last candle. 265% gain on that beast over the last few months.

Edit:

Damn, did I get lucky. I got bounced out of my stop market order which filled and it went back up about 8% and I messaged my dad telling him I had exited my position and wishing him luck on it’s continued upwards climb. I re-checked about an hour later and the thing was in free fall and already down to 890.

Last edited:
I made a good chunk of change selling options on Rumble recently. Bad now I have no shares again lol.

Stocks I’m perusing this morning and doing a little bit of research. Studying their charts. Not saying they are good.

PLAB
CRM
AAL
HMC
TM
NKTX
BLBD
STNE
PARR
SUN
ANF
CNC
PEP

STNE and CRM have closest potential for entry. I already have a position in ANF but am open to building on it if the opportunity presents itself.

Will see how SMCI does tomorrow at market open. I may take another short position. NVDA stop loss at 696.

I really want a TM position after somebody mentioning it other day but I can’t ever seem to find a good entry. Ah well.

Last edited:
MHO, VTSI, NVDA, MPC stops got triggered and filled. SMCI is just too volatile and I did not short it again today. SPY support at 494 and seems to have respected this level and although bearish on lower timeframes is still bullish on higher timeframes. Has not completely broken down below SMA 50 so am hoping it ultimately bounces. VIX gapped up today so the market is definitely seeing increased volatility though I don’t usually get too alarmed unless VIX is sustained over 20 for more than 2-3 days.

I thought of being aggressive with a few stocks today given the SPY dip but am still on vacation and not able to give enough attention to the market. I also have had about 30% gain over the past 3 months and don’t want to be impulsive and risk any irresponsible losses. I plan on continuing to let my stops trigger and if I rotate to a more cash + position then so be it. Account is down 1.7% today.

Update: Took a position in STNE and AMD. Primarily because they display nice pull backs that are close to historic support levels and make for relatively “low risk” stops.

I’m not sure what to make of the NVDA 5% drop today. Makes me extremely nervous with earnings tomorrow. As if the market knows something that I don’t. I don’t like pre-earnings volatility from stocks this well known and so I think I’m out of that one. There’s just so much selling volume today that I worry it’s mainly institutional driven. It’s up post market so I’m sure it will gap up to some ridiculous level tomorrow and I’ll regret closing the position.

Last edited:
I think the small caps are going to do well. AVUV
Chart looks good. Bullish ichimoku cloud structure on daily, weekly, 4h. Seems to be respecting SMA 50 on the daily. Support 83-85 zone. Stop loss would be probably a little liberal in the 6-7% range given the overall favorable chart. Either 83.5 or 82.4 The latter takes into consideration the long candles and sig intraday volatility observed on Dec 18th and 13th best appreciated on the 4h chart. Good luck!

Untitled - Copy.jpg

Last edited:
  • Love
Chart looks good. Bullish ichimoku cloud structure on daily, weekly, 4h. Seems to be respecting SMA 50 on the daily. Support 83-85 zone. Stop loss would be probably a little liberal in the 6-7% range given the overall favorable chart. Either 83.5 or 82.4 The latter takes into consideration the long candles and sig intraday volatility observed on Dec 18th and 13th best appreciated on the 4h chart. Good luck!
Thank you for your TA!

Yesterday I bought into TSLA for the first time since it dropped. Also bought more Sofi for covered calls. I've done well with sofi the past few months. Also bought more QQQY...higher risk but high reward.

View attachment 384080
I wonder how many more colors/lines they can fit on that page.

I wonder how many more colors/lines they can fit on that page.
My charts are definitely "busy". I sometimes envy chartists that have these really clean charts with only 2 or 3 simple moving averages. Ichimoku clouds definitely add "business" but it's a disadvantage of the indicator. Once you get used to all the lines it's not as confusing as it seems at first. I don't believe in removing chikou span or tenkan-sen/kijun-sen so that only the kumo clouds remain. I think people that do that don't really know how to use ichimoku as there is great nuance in the system that requires the presence of all 5 lines. It definitely makes for ugly charts though.

The only other things I'm drawing on there is a single fibonacci retracement and some support/trend lines.

What stocks are you guys/gals currently trading?

Currently, I have positions in the following:

ANF
APP
CLS
GRBK
MHO
POWL
SMCI
STRL
TMUS
VST
GOOG
HCI
META
MOD
MPC
MSFT
NVDA
VIST

Most of my stocks I find on Seeking Alpha. I use kind of a bastardized ichimoku cloud based system and would probably call myself a swing/medium to long term investor. My biggest winners over the past year have been SMCI, POWL, META, CLS. 2022 was hands down VIST. Only real loser lately is MHO which I've held for a few weeks and is down around 2.5% I usually hold around 20 positions at a time.

Curious about everyone else's portfolio.
I own all of those plus all the others. You can learn more about why here:

• Okay...
  • Love
Reactions: 1 users