Stonybrook —How’d you get in?

Started by dentds17
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

dentds17

Full Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone! Looking for advice on how to be a competitive applicant at Stony. Would you recommend just high scores, or do you think they really liked your research, or any other experiences on your resume that you think were very helpful??
I’ve heard the discover dental and the volunteer/shadow program help you get acquainted, if this is true please let me know!
Still have time to apply so I just want to know how I could pad the resume now.
I have a 4.0 GPA, I’m involved in clubs, I am working on both shadowing and dental volunteering hours, and I have an internship at a hospital. Anything you think I should add would be greatly appreciated!
 
@Likkriue goes to stony and just killed the CBSE. Also, no one can really give you any advice without a DAT score.
Thank you for the suggestion! I’ve spoken to @Likkriue and got some really great advice! Just looking to also see what others thought. Unfortunately I haven’t taken the DAT and don’t plan to until the spring of Junior year. Only issue is that once I take it, it may be too late to really add to my resume. That’s the only reason I was asking without a score to give.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I’m the only one who posts from Stony right now, but I gave you just about everything you could do as a sophomore.