Stop bashing other physicians

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
You don't have to be jobless to get food stamps, just paid a low wage and/ or have a lot of kids. That $270 check they get every week from their part time minimum wage job goes to stupid crap like fancy phones and Jordans, they are late on rent, bills, have no emergency funds, use FS to buy food, and drive crappy cars with no insurance that can break down at any moment and cause them to lose that $8hr job. Poor people live for today, so they will keep buying their fancy **** and hope their car doesn't break down.

I can back this up. This is exactly what happens in a lot of cases. Read Life at the Bottom, by Theodore Dalrymple.

And before you ask, I grew up ridiculously poor. As in, midwest, trailer park, 5 to a trailer, slept in a sleeping bag in the living room every night poor. And yes we had food stamps - and government milk/cheese from WIC when my sister got pregnant at 16 and dropped out of school. And yes, my family bought a VCR and had cable television instead of spending money on education or healthcare.

Reactions: 1 user