Strange Fellow Interviewees...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
ddog01 said:
I'm sorry people, I just don't get it. Why was what she said offensive? I'm obviously missing something...When I read what you wrote, it sounds like she was pointing out a school that may be more aligned with your interests. Was it the way she said it (tone, etc.) that was offensive?

-D

she was being a pretentious b*tch. they should send her decision letter to the dean's butt, right next to where her lips will be.
-dr. mota

Members don't see this ad.

kirexhana said:
ok so this story's somewhat serious, depending on how you want to take my rant...

I don't think the dean should have put her on the spot like that. They were both at fault. It's almost like he wanted to see the two of you fight.

I see. What happened in the end anyway? Have you heard back from this school? Did you get in? How was the interview? And if you go, careful not to beat her up if she happens to be there :laugh:

Cheers,

D

kirexhana said:
it was partially the tone, she was talking down to me, as if i didn't know that the other school was a research oriented school and the other part was that she kept suggesting that i go there instead of the school i was currently interviewing at, in front of the dean, making it seem like the current school is a bad fit for me (which it wasn't, i loved it and just wanted to know more about other aspects)