strange letters from schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
S

saiyagirl

okay, so i got two strange letters from drexel and SUNY upstate today.

drexel says it has everything but my application fee. the letter is dated november 27th. (the mail for the past three days has been horribly slow where i live). however, i looked at my bank statement, and they cashed my check well before nov 27th.

SUNY Upstate says it doesn't have my fee, my secondary, or my letters of rec from me. however, they also cashed my check, and i sent them my sencondary (in the same envelope) as well as my letters of rec many moons ago.

i have to wait until monday to call :( but do you think these are oversights (due to timing) that aren't a big deal....or do you think this will delay processing and review (and interview) of my application?

Members don't see this ad.

It sucks when admissions offices lose things. I had some of them lose some LORs, but I got it fixed fast. Good thing I called them for a status check or else I could still be incomplete there.

As far as the delays are concerned, it might hurt somewhat because they don't review anything until your fee is there. Since its December, its getting close to the deadline for most schools to have completed applications, so many other applications might get reviewed earlier than yours since they review in order of completion. But I think that if you are qualified, you'll get an interview regardless of any delays.

yeah i agree--but i do'nt think they lost anything. they say they didn't get my fee, but they CASHED MY CHECKS.

i guess i'll just have to wait until i call on monday....

i recently had a similar problem with yale -- only they were waiting for my august 2001 mcat scores. apparently i checked on the application that i took the august 2001 mcat. hmmm... oh well, i have no shot there anyway.

nymc made a mistake with my app. they said it wasn't complete even though i had all my stuff in, so they were just sitting on it. it was an error on their part, and i asked them politely if they could please review my file as if it were completed when it really was. less than two weeks later i got an interview offer. you might not have as good of luck as i did, but you should try this approach.